Have you ever used the bumkins all in one diapers?

What did you think? Do they leak?

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 8:52 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I do not like the all in one diapers. I love the FLIP diaper system (all in 2 diapers). There are usually diaper demonstrations and reviews on you tube:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:53 PM on May. 23, 2011

• What are those? Where can I buy them?
    Mikayla_lynn

Comment by Mikayla_lynn (original poster) at 8:54 PM on May. 23, 2011

• They are a cloth diaper made by Bum Genius. They cost $50 for 2 covers and 6 inserts (enough for 6 changes if you air out covers between uses). They can be ordered online (www.punkerdoopsdiapers.com) from many differnt sites. I LOVE them! If you are considering using cloth diapers definitely check out one of the cd groups on here and watch product demonstrations on you tube. I never thought I would do cloth diapers but the FLIPs are so easy. Hope this helps:) feel free to pm me if you have any questions- I'll do my best to help.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:02 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Would that be all I need? Thanks soooo much!! I am so confused about cloth diapers lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Comment by Mikayla_lynn (original poster) at 9:04 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I started w 1 day pack (2 covers and 6 inserts) and quickly bought a second one. I do not like reusing the covers so I slowly built up my cover supply. I prefer covers with the snaps over the Velcro (Aka "hook and loop"). To get started you will also need cloth safe detergent (I like Rockin green or Country Save) and also a different kind of diaper rash cream. I like California Baby brand (sold at Target) and I also use their wipe spray for my cloth wipes. For our diaper pail I have a lidded trash can.

The specialty detergents and creams are designed without additives that can cause build up in the diapers that cause them to smell and not be as absorbent. Getting started with cloth can be really intimidating! The first things I bought were 1day pack and a jar of LuSa Organics bottom butter. After 2 changes I was hooked on cloth and amazed at how easy it is! Hope this helps:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:58 PM on May. 23, 2011

• You have been amazing!! Thanks so much!! I think these are what we are going to be buying!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Comment by Mikayla_lynn (original poster) at 10:12 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I'm glad I could help. For sure join the cloth diapering mamas group on here- the ladies there have a lot of good advice and help:) you are going to be amazed at how easy it is once you get the hang of it.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:27 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I just joined! I am getting really excited to use cloth diapers!
    Mikayla_lynn

Comment by Mikayla_lynn (original poster) at 10:30 PM on May. 23, 2011