Any tricks to getting the binky to stay in?

My ds is 2 mo and when we put him to bed he go crazy crying if his kinky falls out. we are constantly running back into his room to put it back in. Does this sound normal? Do u have any tricks?? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honestly if he doesn't like it, don't use it! I was so thankful that when my DS did the same thing, I just didn't use it anymore, and never had to go throught the drama of taking it away ie Suri Cruise,, lol!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:00 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Duct tape!! LOL Just joking.

Answer by louise2 at 9:01 PM on May. 23, 2011

• At this age no sorry sounds like you're stuck running! When he gets older though feel free to try what we did with our soother sucking baby, we put 5 or so soothers around her at night time and when she woke she could put it back in herself and always find one. She was 8ish months when we discovered this though.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:02 PM on May. 23, 2011

• if you swaddle or wrap him in a blanket you could try wrapping an edge of the blanket across a part of the binky to help prevent it from falling out. That kind of worked for my kids, but they both hated their arms being pinned.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:14 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Yeah, sounds normal. Both my kids did the same thing. We did like PP too and just put a ton of binkies around her at night so she could always find one.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:23 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My lil girl didnt seem to do that... We had two that were just the right fit for her mouth... And she broke herself of the binky at six months... My youngest only took the binky til she was about three months and then she found
    Her thumb....
    LovingLife90

Answer by LovingLife90 at 1:50 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Look at the bright side... it informs you baby is still breathing! Frequent wakeups are a natural SIDS defense.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:27 AM on May. 24, 2011

• maybe get a smaller one I know they make all sizes
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 10:21 AM on May. 25, 2011