Is life that bad as a 16 year old mom?

ennie20

Asked by ennie20 at 9:00 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It can be. As long you have your family by your side and all. You should be fine. Being a mom at 19 was okay. I had some support from my family and my SO's family as well. But as budgeting and all that, it's hard. But we made it through. You might not have a social life like you use to but you'll eventually get us to that.
    Bubbles_mommy

Answer by Bubbles_mommy at 5:49 PM on May. 25, 2011

• It was for me. I lost my friends, he didn't stay with me even though he promised he would. I had no job, couldn't get one to save my life. I was alone. My mom was stressed from helping me. My self esteem was very low, I made some pretty bad choices because of it. I was depressed, and struggled. I also felt guilty, like I wasn't a good mom for him or something. It was really, really hard and I wouldn't reccomend a teen get pregnant.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:03 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Yes.

Answer by louise2 at 9:02 PM on May. 23, 2011

• i got pregnant at 19 and had my twins at 20. it is hard. very hard. youre dealing with much more than an older mom because youre growing up and maturing while tryign to figure it all out. you dont have any social life you loose friends youre alone people look down on you. i wouldnt recommend it to anyone, i would do the opposite i would talk someone out of becoming a mom at a young age
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 9:20 PM on May. 23, 2011

• For some I think so. Hell I'm 20 and pregnant and it's hard. It's all about the people you have around you and the stability in your life. I couldn't imagine being 16, trying to finish high school, facing losing your freedom right as you get it., dealing with all the judgment, and having to make decisions that I'm not mature enough for.
    MommyMJean

Answer by MommyMJean at 9:06 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Yes, and I would suggest looking into adoption, dependidng on your situation, it could be the best thing for the child, and usually (not in all cases) the mom always thinks about how hard it will be on her, not how hard it is on the child. Good luck hon whatever you decide.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:06 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Yes, its bad. My mom was still treating me like I was a stupid kid, the father turned out to be a cheating jerk, my kid treated me like his sister and had little respect for me. If you ever plan on moving out of your parents' house, don't become a teen mom.
    Debthegroomer

Answer by Debthegroomer at 9:19 PM on May. 23, 2011

• No... and yes. We face the same issues as the "adults" and are not permitted to make informed decisions, which adds another fun dynamic into the mix.
    My eldest is now 10, and honor student and the highest overall test score in her *grade* for 3 years running... I'm 26. I must have dones something right.

The misconception is that older = wiser. It simply isn't true. Depending on the realities of your life, by 16 you may very well have 3x the life experience of a woman twice your senior.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:09 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Honey, life WAS that bad for a 19 year old mom, I am sure it's worse for a 16 year old mom. Oh my!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:09 PM on May. 23, 2011

• It was hard on me and I was 22!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:13 PM on May. 23, 2011