does your 5 yr old have a DS lite?

i was thinking about buying my son a nentendo ds for x mas. has anyone bought one for their child??? i got him a vsmile last year and he has just now started playing it... i'm not sure if he would like the ds system.

rebecca_tal4

Asked by rebecca_tal4 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Shopping

• My son is 4 and a half -- I got him the handheld system from Leapfrog -- Leapster. This young I felt like sticking to something educational?
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:55 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My son is 8 and has been asking for one for xmas too. His friend has one and they seem to enjoy playing with it. I'm not sure if he's getting it or not. I think that if I were you, I'd check and see what type of games were available, in his age range, before I bought it for him. I think it might be a little bit too old for him yet. Just my opinion though.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 12:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• yea we just bought it for christmas last week...we were looking for the mario bro. edition..but couldn't find them ANYWHERE...so he just got a blue ds lite.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• he is 6 btw
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• my son just turned 6 in Oct. We got him a DS this year for Christmas.. i hope he likes it he has been wanting one... he has had a v smile for 2 years and still plays with it but the games are almost too young for him now... you can still get educational games for a DS also..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Dec. 9, 2008