Would you keep her?

I have gotten 2 cats in the last couple weeks. They are the only 2 we have. The first one is about 8-9 weeks old and she's a joy. She's very easy going and playful. The second one is 4 months old. We got her about 4 days ago. And she hasn't stopped crying since we brought her home. The ONLY time she isn't crying is if I'm holding her. If I walk out of the room, she cries, if she's in the same room as me but I'm not holding her, she cries. She won't use the litter box or eat on her own. I have to seriously sit there and wait. It's like she's co dependent. She's scared of my kids, she's scared of sounds..everything.

The lady I got her from said if I didn't want her I could give her back. I hate to do that but honestly, she's driving me insane! I've tried, I know it's only been a few days but I have tried so hard.
Continued below...

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pets

• Also we live in an apartment and we're not supposed to have pets. I know I'm breaking the rules, but so many other people have DOGS and they get away with it I decided to screw the rules. Anyway, her crying is SO loud I'm afraid she's going to get me in trouble. I can hear her when I'm outside and we're on the second floor.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:58 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I believe for every kind of pet there is a home that "fits" them. For whatever reason your new cat does not fit your family. I would take the cat back. It's not often you have that chance when you take in a pet....most of the time there is not a home to take them back to. Hopefully the lady can find a home for the cat but it sounds like to me it's going to be a long journey for whoever takes her.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:00 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• take it back. don't let it ruin things for you and your family. =D
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i agree sounds like your cat is not happy there. take her back.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• You gave it a fair try, and she is obviously unhappy or uncomfortable. The lady you got her from agreed to take her back if it didn't work out, so it's not like you're breaching a contract by returning her. I think you should return her before she causes you any more trouble.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 12:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Ok thank you ladies. I feel really bad. She's very sweet and beautiful but she needs to be with a little old lady that just sits in a chair all day. Ok, that's where she was before....haha. Maybe thats why she's having such a hard time here.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Oh good, I called her back and she said her brother was the exact same way when he went to a family. She is more than willing to take her back and said she thinks she may just end up keeping this little family of cats.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Give her back.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I wouldn't give her back, she is just nervous to be in a new home. My mom used to breed Persian cats, and I know what you are going through. We used to bring home Kittens that would cry for days and days, they hated being out of our site. They eventually get over it. Your kitty is just trying to adapt to a new home and she is scared. I know it is a pain in the rear-end, but she won't do it forever! Once she gets over it, she will be a great little kitty . . . . . and I'm talking fron experience!
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 1:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2008