PLEASE HELP!! Potty training my son and I need suggestion son best hygenic way to clean poopy, stained undies?

Sorry, a little gross, and I am probably a little OCD, but my son pooped in his big boy undies today and it was all over the place.....not an easy one to just dump into the toilet. It was all over his undies. I emptied what I could into the toilet first. Then, because my son was covered, I stood him up in the shower and hosed his legs and bottom down and gave him a good scrub down, from the waist down. Then I took the undies and sprayed them with the handheld showerhead to get the rest off them. THEN....I filled my tub with hot, hot water and vinegar, gave it a soak and then drained the tub and scrubbed it down with baking soda. Took a long time, but at least it is clean now. Anyone have any better ideas or suggestions?

If you are going to suggest to just throw them away, please do not bother replying. I can't throw them away every time he has an accident. I'll have nothing left.

Thank you!!

2coolmama

Asked by 2coolmama at 2:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in General Parenting

• If you go the green and organic living group, there are threads about how to clean cloth diapers naturally. Something in there should help. Check out the recipe post and look for cloth diapers from there.
    leynasmom

Answer by leynasmom at 2:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I normally just soak undies in some laundry soap and then throw then in the laundry while they are still "wet" from the soapy water!!!
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 3:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I just saok them and wash....no big deal.....wash the child in the tub as normal.... ?
    Anonymous

• my momma used to use baking soda and peroxide...... the peroxide boils it out.....
    Susie91

Answer by Susie91 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I keep a bucket of water with '20 mule team Borax' in it in my laundry room. I remove all the solids then just let them soak until I'm running a whites load. I just did what I used to do with cloth diapers and training pants when my kids were little. Still works with the g-kids
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2008