How would you react to your dh doing this very mean thing? adult content

My dh brought hamburger helper to work today, and this other guy seen it and said he liked hamburger helper. Then a third guy walks up and says "My wife cooked that one day, and when I walked in and seen it I took the whole pan and slung it out the door and told her if I'm going to bust my ass at work, she is going to cook me real food every night, and she has cooked me real meals since." I cook a lot of "real" meals, in fact, I am very big on homemade recipes, but my dh loves hamburger helper, and there's always plenty for him to take to lunch the next day. I don't cook it much, because I try to limit our intake on red meat, but seriously if that was my dh he would not have seen a meal cooked for him at all for a long, long time. What would you have did if your dh did that to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Fuck that shit! My husband works his ass off. I cook, I clean, I do laundry. I do the home stuff, and my husband does the work stuff. Its a balance. I usually cook what my husband likes to eat, but sometimes I want some damn hamburger helper, so I cook it...if my husband doesn't want what I cook, then he can just have a bowl of cereal because if I'm cooking. If he wants to cook, thats fine, but he can't cook, so he doesn't complain. If my husband threw food out the door, I'd likely kick his ass and tell his mother, then she'd kick his ass too. You do not disrespect anyone like that, especially if they take care of you and make sure you're fed. I am so glad my husband isn't like that.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 1:35 AM on May. 24, 2011

• i wouldn't be cooking for him and his obviously small penis.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:21 PM on May. 23, 2011

• That is just awful; I always kind of assume men are pigs, but honestly, that is beyond just normal oinking.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:44 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Wow I can't imagine my dh doing that. I don't know what I would do or say but I do know that I sure wouldn't be cooking him any "real" food anytime soon.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 9:22 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Let him starve
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:23 PM on May. 23, 2011

• First off my husband would never throw food away like that. We both grew up poor and have gone to bed hungery more than once. But...if I'm playing devils advocate and that happened. He'd be cooking for himself for a long time to come because I'd be job hunting the next day. That man is an ass. Threw out food, threw away money and acted like he was KING.. all three major problems.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:23 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I would make a "real meal" every night about an hour before he got home me and the kids would eat and his serving would be in the dog bowl and he could get what ever the dog left him out of it. He may bust his hump at work, but I bust mine at home keeping it clean volunteering at school and chasing after our kids and all the friends they being home with them so that the house stays clean. Once in a while his food will come from a box. I don't use hamburger helper, but I know a few meals that take 5 mins to make and all the ingredients are on my self at all times so I can have a lazy made dinner. Amy one that would treat their spouse like that does not deserve to have a SO. I have to agree with pp though he probably made it up or exaggerated greatly.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 10:06 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I'd tell him if he wanted his supper, he knew where to find it ;)
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:18 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I'd have made him starve :) times are hard and foods expensive.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 7:07 AM on May. 24, 2011

• He sounds like a real winner!!! I cant imagine my husband doing that so I dont even know how I would react.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:21 PM on May. 23, 2011