Almost a year after breastfeeding... adult content

After I had my son I breastfed him for a little over 4 months and it has been almost a year and I still have yellow or whitish fluid coming out of my nipples when I squeeze them. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it normal? I don't want to waste a trip to the doctor if this is a common thing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on May. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• you could lactate for years hun
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:26 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Never happened to me - BUMP
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:26 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I still had some secretions for ages after weaning my son (I breastfed him for over 2 years and weaned very gradually); I wouldn't go to the doctor unless it's bothering you.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:27 PM on May. 23, 2011

• i have ebf 3 kids and 2 of them for a year. yes, stuff still comes out if you squeeze the nipples. it's normal.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:28 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My daughter nursed fore 9 months, weaned herself, and is now 4 years 2 months and I can STILL express small amounts out of either breast.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:33 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Has it been this whole time, or did it stop and just start up again? It's probably normal, it can take weeks, months even years to completely dry up.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:43 PM on May. 23, 2011

• yeah i use to leak for 2 years when i wa on my period the eventually it just stopped on its own. unless you have sore cracking nipples you'll be fine try using fresh cabbage leaves i hear that helps
    timbrikaylamom

Answer by timbrikaylamom at 11:30 AM on May. 24, 2011