If your daughter is clumsy what to do?

She trips over nothing at all and get hurt i don't what do to keep her from getting hurt because she don't even be running to be tripping.

Alimaya20

Asked by Alimaya20 at 9:31 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If it doesn't improve over the coming months, consider having her assessed by a physical therapist. If you don't, the school might refer her if it's still being a problem by the time she's at school. There are various reasons kids can have poor motor control and some are trivial while others are symptoms of something more sinister going on, but either way it can be assessed by a professional.

I wouldn't be too worried if she's still only 1 or 2 years old. Walking and running gracefully takes practice. But watch her development and maybe consider referral later if it doesn't improve...
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:35 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Its normal, she'll be okay. My son falls all the time, we just say UH OH! and he's up and off again. If he's really hurt, he cries and I make his owie better...
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 9:35 PM on May. 23, 2011

• lol thank you
    Alimaya20

Comment by Alimaya20 (original poster) at 9:37 PM on May. 23, 2011

• She's probably fine, but if she falls a lot, then you might want to take her to an eye Dr.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 9:40 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Are you worried about her physical development, just trying to control her clumsiness, worried about her future?

I'd discuss with a doctor if you are worried she may not be developing correctly. They'll check her eyes, ears (which take care of balance) or whatever else.

If you are just worried that she is clumsy and you want her to be a little more graceful, a common idea is to get her into dance or gymnastics, or at least a sport. Or, she could grow up to be like me, just naturally clumsy and occasionally bruised. Swimming is a good activity for those of us without any dexterity to get exercise without getting hurt.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:41 PM on May. 23, 2011

• she gets her clumsiness from me and I'm still clumsy.
    Alimaya20

Comment by Alimaya20 (original poster) at 9:42 PM on May. 23, 2011

• You should really get into some parenting classes. Your children's uncle beats them and your not sure if it is ok that he does that. Your upset that your son is getting freckles and looking for a way to remove them and not your daughter is clumsy and you have no idea why. Maybe she has been beaten so much that she has brain damage. You should really get yourself and your children into counseling.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:43 PM on May. 23, 2011

• she not old enough to get in nothing yet shes only 2
    Alimaya20

Comment by Alimaya20 (original poster) at 9:43 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My daughter never in her life got a beating only the oldest one did he want beat her because she don't know better.
    Alimaya20

Comment by Alimaya20 (original poster) at 9:45 PM on May. 23, 2011

• if she is wearing shoes, take her shoes off when she is in the house. toddlers do not need shoes. second, she is a toddler, wearing a diaper? that's pretty hard to do, wear a diaper and learn to walk. that's why they call them "toddlers" because they do not walk well. if she is still falling more than walking in six months, get a physical therapy evaluation. you can ask her pediatrician for a recommendation.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 10:02 PM on May. 23, 2011