Mirena. adult content

i got the mirena birth control after i had my son. and i cant seem to lose the baby weight, i have mild acne on my face and back, i am moody, and it hurts everytime i have sex...does anyone else have this problem?? are these side effects?? i just want to know if it is just me.

hismommy6509

Asked by hismommy6509 at 9:43 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Health

• my skin has definately changed....i have oily skin for the first time ever and i am breaking out. i get moody around when i used to get my period and bloated, cramps, etc. just no bleeding. but that's it. i have gained weight but idk if that is from the mirena specifically or not.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:45 PM on May. 23, 2011

• yeah my skin is oily now too, i never had that problem before. thank you :)
    hismommy6509

Comment by hismommy6509 (original poster) at 9:48 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I have seen these mentioned on the mirena side effects web sites. There are a lot out there. Depression, acne, weight gain, loss of interest/problems with sex, etc. are quite common.

Have a read (google "mirena side effects") and see if it makes you feel less alone.

My mild but continuous-for-8-months cramps improved after, and I got normal cycles and PMS instead of spotting at least once a week with attendant PMS

Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 10:01 PM on May. 23, 2011

• thank you :) i just want this thing out. i am uncomfortable all the time. i have had it for almost 2 years and it has hurt the whole time.
    hismommy6509

Comment by hismommy6509 (original poster) at 10:03 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I don't have any of these side effects. I have never had a problem with acne though.
    lauralivivy

Answer by lauralivivy at 10:47 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I've got acne now almost as bad as when I was still pregnant. I haven't gotten my period back since having the baby, either and he is 8.5 months old. I knew that there was a chance that I would lose my period after a few years, but I never expected that I just wouldn't get it back. I haven't lost the weight, either.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 12:59 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I've read those things can be side effects. Good luck!
    Dabberdoo

Answer by Dabberdoo at 1:43 PM on May. 24, 2011