Frustrated.....

Here it goes, I lost my mom two years ago to cancer. She was really sick for several months while I cared for her. My sister was only there at the very end. She is now staying in my moms house where she was during her sickness. My sister says she feels closer to her, I can't go to her house without feeling sad and missing her more. She is always asking me to come see her, she knows how I feel about the situation. I try to get her to meet at the mall, or just somewhere to eat. By the way, she doesn't like my dh so she won't come here either. She gets mad at me because we never see each other. Should I just toughen up and go see her. Besides my dh and kids she is really the only family I have. Any suggestions on what I can do to help this situation. Thanks in advance!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• i know losing your mom was hard, and always will be. that is a wound that will never heal but it will get easier as time goes on. i think you should go to her house. and dont think of it as a sad place think of it as a place that made your mother happy. remember the good times. it will be tough for the first few times but she is your sister and like you said other than your husband and children, she is the only family you have. family is everything and when you have a good one you shouldnt let it go to waste. i hope this helped. :) good luck
    hismommy6509

Answer by hismommy6509 at 9:51 PM on May. 23, 2011

• have you told her why you don't want to come to the house? I wouldn't get into the whole thing about her not being there until the end, but that's me.

Take some time away from the house if you need to, but maybe if you tried to remember the good times too, that may help.
    sorry about your loss.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:56 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Yeah, she knows how I feel about the whole situation. I was there from the beginning when she started going downhill. My sister was only there a week or two. So she didn't go through all I went through. I guess that's one reason I get so mad, she expects me to be fine. She wasn't there the whole time, so it was a little harder for me. Don't get me wrong I am not mad because she wasn't there the whole time, she has to work and I am a SAHM. So it really makes a difference. I'm glad I was able to spend the last three moths of her life with her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:03 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my father several years ago and it still makes me sad.
    I would try to go there and try to rememeber the good times.
    Don't miss out on the time with your sister. We never know how long we have...
    God Bless
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 12:59 AM on May. 24, 2011