Has anyone experienced hip achiness long after pregnancy?

I had hip pain when I was pregnant really bad....I could hardly sleep because if I was on either side they would start aching after 10 min. or so but I had no choice because you are told not to sleep on your back and obviously can't sleep on your stomach.

It basically went away for the most part after having my LO 10 mo. ago....but just recently it has returned and is worse than ever. I can't sit comfortably in low seats for long at all and it is painful to straighten back out when I stand. Sleeping on my side is also bothering me again mostly on one side. As long as I am up and moving, it seems to be ok. Walking up stairs hurts though (mostly on that one side). I can't even describe it. It doesn't feel like a bone or muscle ache....just a pulling, aching right where my leg connects to the hip.

I feel old and decrepit all of a sudden and I want it to go away!!!!! Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

siren77

Asked by siren77 at 10:08 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes, i have this problem after having children too. i find it's worse when the weather is damp. i just take tylenol...i don't really think there's a 'cure' for it though.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:11 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I went to the chiroprator - it was the only thing that helped.
    Anonymous

• I have that problem. Doc told me the only way to help it is physical therapy ;/
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:15 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Yes Yes Yes... ughhhh... it's terrible... After my 1st, I had accupuncture done... it helped tremendously! i can't afford it right now, so I take lots of Advil... lol
    mlivlee

Answer by mlivlee at 10:52 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My DD is 10 months old and I still hurt. My hips also crack a lot. I think they're still shrinking because I look close to what I looked like before getting pregnant, but I can't wear the same size pants, they won't fit around my hips.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 1:27 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Look into piriformis syndrome...I have it and it sounds similar to what you are describing. I got it during my 2nd pregnancy.
    Cynthia V.

Answer by Cynthia V. at 1:30 AM on Aug. 10, 2011