My son REFUSES to wipe his own butt!!!!

My son is 4yrs old, and still refuses to wipe his own butt. He's sat in the bathroom for an hour before because i told him he had to learn how to do it. he's starting preschool this year and must be FULLY potty trained! please help!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• When he is finished wipe him, than next time have him do it, keep this up and eventually he will form a habit of it.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:14 PM on May. 23, 2011

• thats a tough one mama...my daughter refuses to use toilet paper when she has to wipe after pooping...so we buy the flushable wet wipes and she uses those...gl
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 10:17 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I bought my son those Kandoo wipes because he would never use toilet paper. Now he has these cool wipes all for him and he will use them. Try them to get him started and then he will have it down and be able to move on to toilet paper.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:32 AM on May. 24, 2011

• My daughter never wiped her ass at that age and probably didn't at 5 either. But good news--she is now a very independent 14 year old who can wipe her own ass and do her own laundry!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:45 AM on May. 24, 2011