Are irregular periods normal while still BF?

My wonderful "friend" returned mo. 6 and has been on schedule ever since even if it has not lasted as long as before I was pregnant....then suddenly this month (month 10) it showed up 10 days late. I was worried I was pregnant again....but all the test confirmed I wasn't then it made its appearance.

The pill would probably regulate my period, but I am not on the pill because it lowered my milk supply so much that I have had to suppliment with formula ever since (that was month 7). I am only nursing 3 times a day now. I have returned to the pill and hope this helps some, but is it normal for your cycle to be so out of whack while nursing?

siren77

Asked by siren77 at 10:15 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:19 PM on May. 23, 2011

• it is normal to have an irregular period when you're nursing. some women don't get a period at all while they're nursing. i was oh so lucky to get mine back at 6 weeks, but i think i am in the minority on that one lol

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:22 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Most definitely.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 10:31 PM on May. 23, 2011

• IDK. Mine never comes for as long as I'm nursing.
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 11:09 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Yes it's normal... Mine was like that... But I got mine back at eight or nine week after...
    LovingLife90

Answer by LovingLife90 at 1:33 AM on May. 24, 2011