Was there anyone that was actually looking forward to the world ending?

I knew that it was all a hoax, but I began to think what if the world ended, I would get to see my relatives that have passed on, friends and live in a mansion.

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 10:26 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I knew it wouldn't happen.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:34 PM on May. 23, 2011

• not me, lol
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:48 PM on May. 23, 2011

• i was kinda disapppointed it didnt lol..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 11:30 PM on May. 23, 2011

• If you're looking forward to the world ending, then IMO, you're undeserving of the life you have.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:31 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Wow IhartU! That's one perspective. I am greatly appreciative of my life. And in my opinion, I feel that my life would continue past the world ending. I will be in Heaven.
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 9:03 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Barely noticed. Too busy watching the Harry Potter-a-thon. And eating donuts.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:21 AM on May. 24, 2011

• IhartU, you must have a fairly decent life, but not all of us find this life so appealing everyday.. Sometimes life is a great struggle and a horrible nightmare we cant wake up from and yes it becomes a life we are undeserving of and not because we've asked for it, but IMO, that doesnt mean you deserve yours either... Society is twisted and sick and not a nice place to live, and none of us asked to be here.. And there are people out there who dont see the end of the world as such a bad thing...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 3:32 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Life is what you make of it girlglow. You have no idea the hardships and tragedies I've personally been through and yet I love life and appreciate it. You don't HAVE to be miserable, you know. I feel very sad that you view society and the world the way you do and I hope someday that changes for you.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:30 PM on May. 24, 2011

• that is my point, you have no idea what ANYONE else has been through to make their viewpoint what it is... Doesnt make them any less deserving of the life they have or dont have for that matter... I am not miserable by any strech of the imagination, that doesnt mean this world is a nice place to live in... God asks no man whether he will accept life. There are no extra pieces in the universe. Everyone is here because he or she has a place to fill and every piece must fit itself into the big jigsaw puzzle.
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 5:57 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Well, then perhaps those who have no believe in god are more appreciate of the ONE life they DO have. I'm not looking for a savior to take me away from my life and I don't blame a god for putting me here in the first place. I am here, I belong and I will leave my mark while I'm here by being the best person I can be.

I don't CARE what anyone else has been through- you learn from those experiences, they make you stronger and you move on. If you dwell on the negative and never bother to MAKE yourself happy, then I stand by what I said- you aren't deserving of life. There are those who view the world as amazing and seek to find their place in that and there are those who view it as corrupted and whine about how horrible it is. The choice is YOURS- it's up to you to be optimistic and positive even in the worst of times.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:14 AM on May. 25, 2011