Do you think that prostitution is a threat to marriages?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 10:29 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• no
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:31 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I think its not right--it spreads disease and encourages mental weakness regarding sex--but if your marriage is strong its a non-issue :)
    lizi.clawson

Answer by lizi.clawson at 10:31 PM on May. 23, 2011

• not really. if someone wants to cheat on their spouse they don't have to do it specifically with a prostitute.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:31 PM on May. 23, 2011

• i think infidelity is the threat to marriages
    dramaMama407

Answer by dramaMama407 at 10:33 PM on May. 23, 2011

• No, like a pp said, if a person is going to cheat a lack of prostitutes won't help them. I actually think that legalizing prostitution would be a really good thing. With regulations, diseases could be monitered, violent, criminal pimps could be eliminated. It would provide lucrative income for the state and country...
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:36 PM on May. 23, 2011

• No. Cheating bastards are a threat to marriage. No one forces someone to have sex with a prostitute, lol. It takes a willing customer.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:37 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I've never been a hooker, but I've known women that were are you'd be shocked at how many men in 'strong marriages' have been clients of these women.

I'm the weird one and this it should be legal since then most of the issues could hopefully be eliminated or at least better controlled. Such as diseases and such.
    I'm more concerned about the safety of the hookers than I am of the marriages of the men that give the hookers their business.

it's not a black and white subject.

Sometimes I think a lot of marriages would be better off if the jealousy could be eliminated for things like this, but since I myself am a very jealous wife, doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Anonymous

• First of all it's not just prostitutes that need to worry about their safety.
    Second of all they can't all come from bad home lives.
    Third if you put yourself in a situation then there are consequences.
    As for the girls who have no control over it like women taken and forced, I feel that is wrong.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 10:47 PM on May. 23, 2011

• No, not at all. No one makes anyone cheat, and it doesn't matter if it's easily available if you value your relationship you won't betray it.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:58 AM on May. 24, 2011

• No. The prostitute just gets paid to sleep with people she doesn't really want to sleep with. Its not like shes going out of her way to fuck someones husband.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 1:23 AM on May. 24, 2011