Do you think that Dominique Strauss-Kahn raped that maid or was it all just a set up?

Dominique Strauss-Kahn allegedly told a New York City hotel maid, “Don’t you know who I am! Don’t you know who I am?” while pinning her down during the alleged sexual assault.

But they claim that before this, he was a sure in for being elected as the next president of France.

So do you think that Dominique Strauss-Kahn raped that maid or was it all just a set up?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 10:32 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, I think he violated that woman, and then fled, accidentally leaving his cell phone behind. He was hightailing it to his first class, open book plane ticket to immunity in France- Slimy bastardo-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:00 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I think he did it. Proving it in court when he has the resources he does will be another thing. The maid will have to survive the courts now her character will be brought into question. I hope she is strong enough to withstand all his attorneys will put her through.
    chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 11:09 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I think it was a set up, someone needed him out of the way. He could have sex with her and she saved the evidence, then cried foul...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 11:11 PM on May. 23, 2011

• have had...
    agentwanda

• Only his wife knows.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 11:23 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Did he do it? Powerful men often have a extra large ego and sense of entitlement when it comes to thinking they should be able to sleep with whomever they want. So I don't know. Maybe. I am gonna wait and see. he wasn't fleeing, though. That flight was booked a week before hand. Not exactly a stealth getaway.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 11:43 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I think that is was a set up. The story doesn't even sound right. the maid said when she walked in she thought the room was vacant and that he was still in the shower meaning he didn't know she was there nor heard her and obviously she didn't hear him because like she said she thought the room was vacant or she would of left. then he just walked out the bathroom and attacks her. that story i think sounds stupid and it doesnt make sense.
    marie0430815

Answer by marie0430815 at 12:33 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I don't know, I don't have hard facts. The flight out is a big one. If it was last minute then it looks bad, but if it was a flight that was booked before then it doesn't prove that he was trying to get out of town because of something he did. It looks like just on that one issue there is conflicting reports of that just in the answers here. It's possible that he did it, it's also possible that it was a set up. It's even possible that he screwed someone else w/ a condom and the maid had a nice little DNA cocktail available to make up her story. The burden of proof is on the prosecution and unfortunately, we may never actually know the truth.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:45 AM on May. 24, 2011

• The flight out is a big one. If it was last minute then it looks bad, but if it was a flight that was booked before then it doesn't prove that he was trying to get out of town because of something he did.

D/T his "position", there is always an open seat reserved for him in First Class- he doesn't "book" a flight. He merely shows up.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:24 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Setup.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:38 PM on May. 24, 2011