She said WHAAAAAAAAT?!

so i was in the hospital recently (my mum went with me) and they asked if i was pregnant...i said theres always a chance, so they tested to see if i was...well the nurse came back in and said that i wasnt pregnant. my mum responded with "oh thank god! i dont want her to have anymore kids!" how friggin rude huh?! my mum is a great woman and mother. shes always supported me in whatever i did or wanted to do. i just cant believe she would say something like that.

happymom8262

Asked by happymom8262 at 10:35 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• people are always saying things like that to me....i don't let it bother me.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:36 PM on May. 23, 2011

• well, depends....
    If you don't have the money to support them and have 5 kids running around...I see her point.

But, if not, then yes, extremely rude.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 10:41 PM on May. 23, 2011

• its just her opinion and thought process, which in many cases we should keep to ourselves!! I can see how this would be hurtful, you should tell her, in my opinion your Mum should have been more considerate of your feelings, its your life in the grand scheme of things and you live it the way you want to with how many children you want.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:41 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My father made a comment to me the other day when I brought up some stress I was having over the delivery of my third baby...I said "Oh, I didn't need that stress" and he responded "Then I guess you don't have anymore kids!"

I was REALLY irritated by that...its not like I'm running around with 3 "baby daddies" on welfare asking him to sit while I party. We have been together 14 years, do fine financially, each have at least one bachelor's degree, and NEVER go out. We are a GOOD "eat dinner at the table" family. He tried to talk his way out of it saying "I was dozing off in my chair when you called"...whatever jerk, you said it...no going back!

Take it with a grain of salt. You make your own decisions after all. She shouldn't have said it, but it can't be "unsaid".
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:58 PM on May. 23, 2011

• foot in mouth, i say stupid stuff all the time. Hopefully that is all this was, if not... who cares. I probably would have retorted back to her "that was rude" unless i didnt think about it til later then i would cal her out on it and ask her what she meant. see where it goes from there...but thats just me...my pet peeve is people trying to impose their opinion on my parenting, thatll get you on my bad side quick
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 4:37 AM on May. 24, 2011

• She was just stating her honest opinion.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:00 AM on May. 24, 2011