I dunno what more I can do..what does everyone think?

My hubbie, the baby, and I just moved back to my hometown...and the hubbie is not adjusting. He had been difficult before we left but I thought we had talked it through enough. Now after just three days here, he's telling me half of him want to pick up and leave...leaving me behind. I told him that I can't force him to accept this but he is not giving it a chance. I am at my wits end...

Has anyone else been in this similar situation? Any suggestions? I did tell him that if he feels he needs to go that I would not hold him back but the baby is staying with me...to take her is to take my heart.

Anna-Chubaby

Asked by Anna-Chubaby at 10:39 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• that's a tough one... have you discussed couple's therapy?
    mlivlee

Answer by mlivlee at 10:46 PM on May. 23, 2011

• No...it is not something he would do. I had asked him fifty ways from Sunday if he was okay with this. I knew it would be better for the baby to beauty a family that actually gets together...his doesn't talk to us ever..
    Anna-Chubaby

Comment by Anna-Chubaby (original poster) at 10:51 PM on May. 23, 2011

• He needs to give it some time, things are always difficult right after a move and it takes a while to adjust. I should know, I've moved like a hundred thousand times (ok slight exaggeration). But of course you already told him all of this... tough question. I'm not really sure how to make him wait it out or if it is even possible.
    lisalmeyer86

Answer by lisalmeyer86 at 1:12 AM on May. 24, 2011

• moving to be closer to one family over another is always tough. My husband and I have lived near my family before and are preparing to move near his family this time. It's a hard adjustment sometimes. Being closer to one family can often cause te other spouse to realize how much they miss their family, or see the imperfections in their family. Give it time. Give him the benfit of doubt & let him know that you know it's hard for him, but that you want to stay together.
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 2:37 AM on May. 24, 2011