No Period after 8 months?! NOT BF

idk still no period after 8 months pp and ttc #2 and last wk not preg hmm dont understand anyone else the same???

prissy2428

Asked by prissy2428 at 10:52 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• my periods took about 4-5 mths to return after I had my daughter, I have heard it taking longer than that though.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:54 PM on May. 23, 2011

• didnt get a period for 5 year then had tubal now i get them every month
    mamabeard3

Answer by mamabeard3 at 11:00 PM on May. 23, 2011

• If you arent' having periods and you aren't pregnant, than you aren't ovulating. It's the hormonal changes of ovulation that trigger a period- when this doesn't occur, you don't have a period. I would check with your doctor. Sometimes your body may need a kick start to get back to a normal cycle after a big hormonal change (I didn't have this after having a baby, but I did go almost a year without ovulating or having a period after stopping the bcp.)
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:03 PM on May. 23, 2011

• With my 1st, I didn't have one for 1 1/2 years. I know someone that went a little over 2 years.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 11:09 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Not to ask a completely rude question (and I know it is), but have you lost much of the weight? I know when I was TTC my first I was less than 10lbs overweight and my doctor told me that the fat can trap your hormones and make you miss your cycles or make them irregular. Sure enough, losing that little extra weight regulated me. In fact, even though I didn't need to lose weight with my 2nd and 3rd babies, I conceived both of them after a small weight loss too.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:44 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I'd go see the doctor.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:35 AM on May. 24, 2011

• have u went to the drs thats a long time
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 11:06 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Its not necessarily true that you arent ovulating like i said no period for 5 years yet 3 of my children were concieved in those 5 years
    mamabeard3

Answer by mamabeard3 at 2:14 PM on May. 24, 2011

• My younger son is 8.5 months old. I haven't had a period yet since he was born and I'm not breastfeeding. I'm not too concerned.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 10:29 PM on May. 24, 2011