Alone time.

Lately, whenever Jay and I want some alone time, the boys come running in. Its not that we don't love them, because we do. We just need some time to be together...alone. You know? How do I let the boys know this without hurting their feelings?

TeenMommah

Asked by TeenMommah at 10:55 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is alone time when the boys are down normally? if not I would suggest having it when they are in bed, if thats possible.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:08 PM on May. 23, 2011

• ^ Exactly. My Husband and I are lucky, Our Son doesn't mind if We run off to the bedroom for a bit as long as it isn't TOO long..but We don't do that often. Hubbie and I get the majority of Our time after Little Man goes to sleep.
    .MommieAJ.

Answer by .MommieAJ. at 11:10 PM on May. 23, 2011

• We have our alone time after our DD goes to bed. It is just easier that way or someone is trying to sit between us or wants us to play.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:17 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I don't want to turn it into something dirty if it isn't but do you mean just being alone together or "special" time? There are plenty of times we go into our room which is right off the living room to talk or watch TV just us when the kids are awake, and I don't mind the occasional interruption, but if your boys can't entertain themselves a few minutes while you have a few mins, maybe make your room off limits to them.

As far as getting busy, we wait until the kids are in bed.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:31 PM on May. 23, 2011

• if all else fails, time to get a sitter, lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:32 PM on May. 23, 2011