Is it possible to take a pregnancy test, come out positive and a week later look at the same test and it says negative, but at first it said positive?

yami2

Asked by yami2 at 10:59 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• as far as i was aware it didnt keep the positive results for a long time. like after awhile it always goes away....but i dont know for sure
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 11:01 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I'm not sure...I would just go out and buy another one.
    Annasofia

Answer by Annasofia at 11:01 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Yes. Most of them say that after a few hours it's invalid. With my first son i did keep the test, it was the cheapest one i could find, not even a name brand but it came with a cardboard heart that you could pop out the positive result and keep it. My son turned 10 on saturday and it still reads positive!
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 11:04 PM on May. 23, 2011

• yes, they only last for so long on some tests.. which is why they list a time limit for liability.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:28 PM on May. 23, 2011