Got Milk?

Which is your preference? Breastfeeding, formula, or both? Why?

Proverbs_31

Asked by Proverbs_31 at 11:17 PM on May. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• breast only, my mom keeps saying that i should let him have formula. my feeling is that I am blessed to be able to do this for my child and i want him to have the VERY BEST... not just something that will be "fine" ... I give it my all. Formula obviously has a place...that is to nourish children who's mothers are unable to (by no fault of their own) and NOT just cause I dont feel like it. I am SO greatful that I am able to do it, it breaks my heart when mothers refuse just b/c they dont want to be bothered :/
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 4:25 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I'm cheap. Breastmilk.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:33 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Formula, because I gave very little milk for both my pregnancies. I pumped for 2 hours and only got 4oz at the max from both breasts which was not enough to fulfill my kids. Breastfeeding is wonderful but many women need to understand that it doesn't come easy to a lot of us, no matter what and formula is not poison is a great alternative for those us unable to sustain our kids with breastmilk.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:33 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Unfortunately, formula was poison to my middle daughter (and because of her stupid ass doctor, didn't realize it was till she was 3 years old).

Breastfeed if you can, formula if you can't. What I don't like to hear is "but breastfeeding hurts". Get a coach to show you proper latching, and it shouldn't.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:39 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Breastfed all 3, cheaper and better. Not a hard decision for me.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:45 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Breastfeeding - cheaper, easier, healthier, etc, etc. There's too many reasons why it's the better choice.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 2:48 AM on May. 24, 2011

• formula, we have 5 small kids, and I have to maintain my home, take care of the other 4, cook 3 meals, volunteer at the schools ( 2 oldest pre-k and 1st) I have tons of ,my husbands military functions... it is just too hard to do for m personally! I BF for 2 weeks n the beginning and that is all mainly b/c DH is on military leave in that time!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:58 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Breastfeeding. I have 5 kids and have breastfed the first 4 for a year and the 5th for 6 months until I had issues with supply. For me, it's MUCH easier than formula, and cheaper!

Answer by missanc at 9:28 AM on May. 24, 2011

• both it just worked better for our family
    timbrikaylamom

Answer by timbrikaylamom at 11:25 AM on May. 24, 2011