Do you stay friends with them?

If your friends suddenly arn't available to when you become pregnant, would you still concider them a friend after you have the baby and they want to come around?

MommyMJean

Asked by MommyMJean at 11:25 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• During a pregnancy is when u really need ur friends. Id find out the reason why they went MIA on u and re-evaluate how good of friends they are. I'm not even someone that holds grudges but where were they when u needed them the most? Friends don't abandon ppl they care about like that. You know these ppl better than we do, though.
    kpincince

Answer by kpincince at 11:58 PM on May. 23, 2011

• At this age, I don't know. Most of my friends are in late twenties, early thirties and are at the place in life where they already have families, are working on families, or are completely used to the fact that everyone around them has families.

If they are in a different place in life than you, I think that it can be difficult for a friendship to work...from both ends. You don't want to hang out and do all the "single/kid free" stuff that they are probably still doing, and they don't want to do the "mom/wife" things that you do, kwim?
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:03 AM on May. 24, 2011

• maybe, depends
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:29 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Nope. The min I got pregnant/married, I lost all my friends. None of them want to have anything to do with me anymore.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:48 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Hell no. My best friend, of 8 YEARS, practically stopped talking to me when I got pregnant. She was only there when she needed me, and when I needed her, to talk to, to vent to, because being pregnant is no fun thing, she just didn't have the time, so I was like...okay, whatever, peace out. She also got really jealous because she wanted a family, but I guess I beat her to it, like it was some kind of race or something...whatever. I'm married I have a great husband, I don't need that in my life. She began dating an ex of mine who was a real bastard and a cheater...hes already cheated on her, GO FIGURE. I got pissed because, that was my best friend and he was treating her like shit. She said I was just jealous...um, disgusting. My husband is 100 times the man he could ever be. I dropped her. She did the same thing to my other friend too for a while. My friend got pregnant, she didn't talk to her until her baby was born.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 1:12 AM on May. 24, 2011

• It depends ... I had some friends that's ended up doing that..
    LovingLife90

Answer by LovingLife90 at 2:17 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Sure.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:23 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I moved half way across the country when I was a teenager. 6 years and one child later my girlfriends from my home town still call and check up on me and every time I go home to visit we spend time together.
    abrown2590

Answer by abrown2590 at 11:53 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I guess it depends on each friend individually. If they were a good friend, and maybe want kids and can't have them (she may not have told you) It may be to emotionally overwhelming to see you in all your pregnant glory. It could also be a fair-weather friend. They are there when times are fun and life is easy, but when the party stops so does the friendship. Did you used to go out drinking with them before? Have you had hard times in the past like surgery or a death of a loved one? How were your friends about support through that? Some people are only into excitement and drama. Although this is exciting, it may not be to this type of person. I guess I would talk to them. Remember though it could be that she can't have kids and hasn't told you, so be gentle. Good luck!!
    phoenixstar

Answer by phoenixstar at 7:00 PM on May. 25, 2011