Here we go again... New Date, this time....

He will take everything down and not talk about the rapture anymore. We have been warned.

slapping forehead

Here is the article: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/05/23/BAH01JK1GT.DTL

Shaneagle777

Asked by Shaneagle777 at 11:29 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was just logging in to post this... You beat me to it...

You know, here's all I have to say. This guy is supposedly some hard core Christian, a minister or something... So how is it that he never read the part of HIS OWN BIBLE where Jesus said that No one will know the time or date?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:33 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Have you ever seen Poltergeist 2. He reminds me of kane.

SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 11:34 PM on May. 23, 2011

• What ever you do don't follow this camping guy underground!
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 11:35 PM on May. 23, 2011

• ok well am suppose to have a party then anyway is my SO's birthday.. so that'll be good... we'll have all our friends and family around when it happens... awesome... lol..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 11:35 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Now I can prepare properly! :)
    Anonymous

• Haha, from what I understand, Oct 21 was the predicted "end of the world" from the beginning (rapture belief states that the goodies will be raptured before the bad stuff starts, and then the end of the world will come after some time - usually 7 years, so idk how he got 4 months or so). So he's just claiming that the rapture wasn't physical, that it was spiritual - i don't understand what he means by it exactly.... but the Oct 21 date was one that I had seen him use before May 21 came and went, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:43 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Honestly Sabrina.. I think he is desperate for attention.... so he is doing anything he can to make a name for himself before he dies.
    He has just become oblivious to the truth of the word of God. Kind of like when Satan came to Eve and twisted God's words slightly to where she believed in what he said instead of what God said.
    Same kind of thing going on... deceptive and delusional at best.
    Those that do know the word are not buying it those that are young christians or do not know the bible will be easy prey.
    Every cult leader will say something believable. It turns out to be a counterfeit. You have to know the real before you know the fake. Not everyone does.
    Shaneagle777

Comment by Shaneagle777 (original poster) at 11:43 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Oh, and I agree with others, that even if the whole "rapture" thing is true (I don't believe in it and understand the text differently), the Bible does say that no one will know. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:44 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I guess he thinks that the third time is the charm since he's already been wrong twice lol
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:53 PM on May. 23, 2011

• wow a preacher thinks he knows when the world will end. even though the bible says only God knows.
    what a nut
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:09 AM on May. 24, 2011