My husband cut his left pointer finger!!!! HELP

and he got 8 stiches today he said the wound feels better when he takes the bandages off he got like 2 of them on and theyre thick is it ok if he takes them off bc they weigh his finger???.and just put one little bandage on?

Mami9674

Asked by Mami9674 at 11:34 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Health

• I would think it'd be okay. Call the nurse at the hospital and see what they say. You're supposed to change the dressing on a wound every so often anyway.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 11:36 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I would make sure they're still covered for another day, but not necessarily with all that bandaging.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:57 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Make sure he doesn't get it wet and it may have been that tight due to swelling. It should be ok to put a lighter bandage on. Just make sure he elevates the hand to keep the swelling down.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 12:47 AM on May. 24, 2011

• u must....... get it air dry then..... put a clean bandage on it.... and just make sure...no infeactions...
    greens11

Answer by greens11 at 5:06 PM on May. 25, 2011