Have you ever thought you might have a serious anxiety disorder or schizophrenia?

This is a serious question..I am trying to figure out what to do. I know something isn't right, but my extended family is just ignoring me. I think I should see a doctor,but I dont know what kind of doctor I need or what kind of tests they will need to do. We don't have health insurance since my husband changed jobs so I am really scared that it will be so very expensive. I dont know what to do. Please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Health

• call social services, or possibly call a hospital to get an appt with a therapist...
    Hospitals will do probono
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 11:42 PM on May. 23, 2011

• your county should be able to give you help with insurance. and you can always see a pastor at your local church for free, they do counsel people and sometimes do better then a regular therapist. Also if you live in a rural area sometimes you can get help with a sliding fee scale at the local clinic. I live in a rural area and the clinics around here are funded by a federal program to give rural communities health care on a sliding fee scale because rural areas always have people who are more likely to be poor the other places
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 11:50 PM on May. 23, 2011

• If you go to a doctor, they will simply prescribe dangerous medications that will hook you for life.

There are things you can do re: diet and lifestyle that can help. Make sure you're getting plenty of B-vitamins and magnesium; both are known to calm anxiety. Most people diagnosed as schizophrenic actually reverse the symptoms by removing gluten from their diets. Have your folate levels and copper levels tested; low incidence of these in the body are also known to mimic schizophrenia.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I agree with the previous poster. You need to look into vitamins and mineral supplements.
    Dabberdoo

Answer by Dabberdoo at 1:39 PM on May. 24, 2011