Is this normal?!

My two year old daughter has her hands down her pull-up or panties (whichever one she wearing at the time) ALL the time! She doesn't have an infection or anything, but her little area is starting to look a bit irritated, I'm assuming from her always having her hands on it. Does anyone else's daughter do this or just mine LOL! What should I do about it?

LizClara

Asked by LizClara at 12:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She might just be exploring her body she might like the way it feels to her. I don't see nothing wrong with this just make sure she doesn't do this in public or you can tell her to stop, but in a nice way of course you don't want her to feel like it is a bad thing either.
    I believe this is normal
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• OMG, Katy did this all of the time when she discovered "IT". She has since stopped but it started in the bath tub. I kept putting hand sanitizer on her hands. But yes, I'll bet she is red from the touching. It will stop! hahaahahahah
    choltzclaw

Answer by choltzclaw at 2:20 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• All kids go through this- my ds explored his so much the tip of his penis got red and I had to put a cream on it from the ped - that stopped him. My DD has also recently found her girl parts- I just tell her that we don't play with our vagina..lol...Keep her hands clean and try to help her understand that its not something to play with. Maybe putting a little diaper cream on her so if her hand goes there it gets messy cream on it may help.
    Anonymous

• It's so embarrasing sometimes LOL! I will try the diaper cream and see if that helps...might because we're potty training and she won't want that cream in her tinkerbell panties LOL!
    LizClara

Answer by LizClara at 3:05 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• lol my daughter started doing that in the tub also. and i just laughed and said 'bekkah, dont do that when people are around, you silly girl!' and she laughed and stopped doing it. my youngest just started a few days ago and bekkah will tell her 'silly emma, not with people' hahahahhahaha
    rkmelo263

Answer by rkmelo263 at 9:04 AM on Dec. 9, 2008