I would like to start an in home daycare, how do I go about doing it?

I'm wanting to start a small in home daycare. I have a 3 year old son and want to be a stay home mom. I don't really know how to go about this. I'm moving to Nebraska and don't know their rules, any help would be nice. Thanks

HBoicourt

Asked by HBoicourt at 11:55 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• You can try googling "at home daycare requirements". They have a whole bunch of site full of information. Best of luck!
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:58 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Thank you for your help :)
    HBoicourt

Comment by HBoicourt (original poster) at 12:01 AM on May. 24, 2011

• It is A LOT of work for not a lot of money. I would do what the above post says and look into it more.
    I have been doing it for about 4 years...my goal is to stop by the fall.
    If you would like info in what I do...message me. I have a business that would help you be a SAHM without watching other people's children. Again, send me a message if you are interested.
    Good Luck with your move!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 1:04 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I think you first need to see what the requirements are in your own state. And...if you are just "babysitting" a handful of children, you may not need to do anything other than keep your home safe for them. I know her in NH MANY people "babysit" 4-5 kids and it isn't an official daycare. Not that I am saying to do that.....but if it's legal for you to have a certain amount of children in your care without a license...then you may want to go that route.
    joinTStoday

Answer by joinTStoday at 9:09 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Check with that state's licensing first.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:23 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I TOTALLY AGREE with MKDirector I did it for 6 year, and actually several years 10 years ago, and It is NOT easy, fun, reliable....you may be home with your son, but he doesn't get your attention it still needs to be given to SOMEONE ELSE"s Child and its totally different when its not your own.

I would Strongly advise you to looking at something else....I started my Home based Biz with PREPAID LEGAL services 1 1/2 yrs ago, completely now have given up childcare for good...and make a lot more than I ever did and have my kids home , and work onmy own time.

I work 20 hrs a week for a FT income.
    Msg me if you want info
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 10:00 AM on May. 25, 2011