do you agree or disagree with this? give specific reason why..

There’s no reason that the government should prevent homosexuals from entering civil marriages because some religions object to the concept, any more than the government should ban atheism because some religions object to it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I completely agree with it. I see gay marriage as a civil right which is protected just as much as freedom of religion is. Hence the reason our founding fathers formed a secular government!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• honestly this subject is SO touchy. Yes the bible does not condone homosexuality but not everyone believes in the bible AND how do you as a Christian show a homosexual individual the love of Christ? It seems so cold to say I know you love this person but you will go to hell for showing this person love. As a Christian when it comes to this subject I find it more important to show someone the love of Christ than to protest. We alienate homosexuals so often by saying you cant do this you cant do that because the bible said so. God gave us free will. The bible also says you should comit adultery or steal but we have churches that do this daily. I think it's more important to focus on what you as a christian are doing for God rather than what so and so ISNT doing for God. Put down the picket signs and go feed the hungry or open your home to those unwanted babies your protesting being aborted. That is my view as a Christian
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• *should NOT commit adultery is what I meant ;)
    humaniterian87

• I can only answer this with a Christian perspective..since I am a Christain. I would never vote to legallize gay marriage or even to give gay couples the same rights that other married couples have. I believe that being gay is a choice and a sin.

With that said, I would never put a gay person down or rob them of the rights that they were given by the law. It's not my place to judge anybody... Hate the sin NOT the sinner. People forget today, that we are ALL sinners in our own way.
    luvnmy3kid

Answer by luvnmy3kid at 1:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Just like I posted in the other post. This is unwise. All you want to do is make people angry and make cm delete the post. So use wisdom and follow peace.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 1:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I don't think it has anything to do with the religions. I believein the bible and what it says and it says numerous times it is wrong to be gay. I could care less about what the religions say. I know that everyone interprets the bible differently. But you can't interpret those scriptureswrong. They say what they say. But I have no control over what the government does, so I just live my own life and what happens happens, but at least I know whats right and wrong. So really I don't care what is and whats not allowed..lol

Anonymous

• RAmen, KristiS11384!!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Not going there...
    TalithaStarry

Answer by TalithaStarry at 1:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I agree. That's all I have to say about that =o]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2008