vaginal birth after a c section?

Did anyone have a vaginal birth after they had a c section? why did you have your first c section?
Im having baby number 2 and want to try it vaginal my first was born by c section becuz he wasnt tolerating labor his heart rate was droping to much during contractions.
I need some encourgment so if you had a vaginal birth after c section i wana know about it and why you had a c section the first time. thank you.

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• from what I have heard most c-sections are caused by some freek thing that wont necessarily happen the next time. Usually when trying a VBAC they want to have a surgical team on hand just in case. There is a very slight risk the old incision may tear open but if your doctor says its okay to try I wouldnt worry about it. Practice those breathing techniques and keep an open mind
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• It will all depend on what kind of incision was made in your uterus during the C Section. If it was a Classical C Section with a Vertical incision then I'm not sure you will find an OB willing to let you have a vaginal birth due to the high risk of uterine rupture.

I wish you the very best and I hope that you are able to have a VBAC with your next child.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I'm gonna try to have have this one vag. My last one was an emergancy c-section. His arm came out and when the nurse was checking me he grabbed her finger.The doc told me that there was a risk but if I had a horizontall cut that it would be okay.But they say if your induced its kinda dangerous too.
    kat247

Answer by kat247 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I tried to have a vaginal birth after my c-section. i had my first by c-section because he was to big to fit down there and get out. I literally felt him trying to pound his way out. i was only dialated to a 1, and had no contractions, so they went ahead for the c-section. as for my second, i had her at a different hospital. i tried so hard to have a vaginal birth, my water broke, i went in, i was dialated to a 4, but after 6 hours, i was still at a 4. i asked them to induce me, but the doctor on call refused to induce me, and said either i can wait it out and risk infection, or i can have a c-section. after balling my eyes out, i finally agreed to the c-section, only for me to get infection anyway! i wasn't to happy. if you really want a vaginal birth, go for it. i really wish i had one. GL
    Anonymous

• The first thing you need to do with your research is check with the hospital that you will be delivering with. Many hospitals and Dr.s will not do vbacs. Good luck and I hope you can find a facility that will be willing to let you deliver.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 12:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Ok i guess you guys didnt read the question right im thanksful for your input but iv done my reasearch i can try for a vaginal birth my dr has told me its safe and he will be more then willing to do it and all the hospitals here in town do them so thats not a issue. i just wanted to hear about people who had actually had a vbac.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2008