Can I ever get rid of...

The little tummy bulge above a c-section scar? My husband says it well always be there no matter how much weight I lose. I recently lost about 26lbs and am shooting for even more, but I wonder if I'll ever be able to get rid of that little pooch/fold thing right above my c-section scar....any insight?

Kword

Asked by Kword at 12:04 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Losing weight isn't going to really help. My friend dropped 50 pounds and still had the little pouch. She did some crunches and abdominal exercises; that Is what made hers disappear. Hope this helps! just make sure you're fully healed before you start trying to do any abdominal exercises!
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 12:29 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I had the pooch BEFORE the c-section, so I'm sure I'll have it forever!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:28 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Is it skin, or is there a little meat behind it? If there is some meat behind it, maybe some toning or weight loss could still help, but if it is just skin, probably not.

My skin is shot from my pregnancies. I actually made myself underweight last time because I kept thinking that if I just lost enough my stomach would look right again...it only made it worse. My mother's skin is the same way, and we are both small people...all she said was that it would get a LITTLE better after time, but not much. :(
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:39 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Some of it is genetics. Losing weight (if you're overweight) can make a big difference, and you also need to be exercising, including some weight training (including crunches and such) in order to get a toned tummy. The flab may or may not go anywhere, all you can do is try. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:05 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Thanks, girls. I sure will be trying! lol
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 8:03 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Hate to tell you, when you're in your 50's that pouch will reappear- the layers of skin and nerves have been cut and stitched back together- that area will never be flat, unless you have a TT with a revision of the scar-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:15 PM on May. 24, 2011

• all things can be fixed/solved/healed in the universe, thats my hypothesis :)
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:08 PM on May. 25, 2011