Can someone explain the new 2.0 Gi bill for October 2011

I read on Military.com about some new stipend. i dont get it or understand it, please help lol. We are supposed to get once a month $2,275 for the school, zip code he will be going too. he will get 100% and will be out of the army. He starts school September 2011 and out of the army August 2011. I emailed the rep for the school to show him the link and ask what is going on. we are relying on that money for food, gas, paying of debt and helping my grandparents with water, power, gas. We are moving with them for a little over a year to save money and so he can be close to family and me as well and go to school there. I just need someone to explain what this new gi bill will do and what it means. hoping its not a free where they dont pay him it and its now lowered.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Aww anyone?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:20 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Go to military moms group and repost. you will get more answers.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 12:22 AM on May. 24, 2011

• What kind of school is he attending? The actual benefits are not changing for most cases, it is more just weeding out the flaws for vocational programs and apprenticeships that weren't covered before.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 12:45 AM on May. 24, 2011

• its called Wyotech. a automotive type school like UTI http://www.wyotech.edu/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:52 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Ok, I'm not sure, but I think that is the type of school that the original didn't cover, but the new one will. The old gi bill only covered traditional schools, like community colleges and universities. The new program will cover any time of schooling as well as some internships/apprenticeships. The actual benefits are not changing though. As long as he is taking what the school considers "full time" then he will recieve whatever amount for his zip code, full tuition and $1000/yr for books.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 12:59 AM on May. 24, 2011

• yea it did cover and does. im not asking about if the gi bill covers his school. it covers 100%, he was already enrolled and ready for wyotech in sacramento but we changed our minds to wyotech long beach, ca. to be close to fam. im asking about the Post 9/11 gi bill for housing. we get $2,275 per month. i was afraid we wont get it or it gets lowered. oh and we are not paying anything out of pocket for him to attend :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:15 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Ok, sorry I misunderstood.

Benefits are not changing, just new types of programs are being covered. You've got nothing to worry about.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 1:27 AM on May. 24, 2011