I would like to know your babies eating schedule and what he/she eats...This is for 7-8 months babies only please. Oh, and breastfed as well. Thanks

BusinessMom123

Asked by BusinessMom123 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter nurses quite a bit when she wakes in the morning then has a little cereal with a fruit added. After her morning nap she nurses again and then has two veggies and a fruit. She has a snack of diluted juice or breastmilk before her afternoon nap. Then nurses quite a bit after that nap. A couple hours later (around 7pm) I nurse her on one side, feed her cereal with a fruit added (approx. 4 oz. - we really fill her up before bed), give her a bath, then nurse her on the other side until she falls asleep. She's 7 mo. and has been on this schedule for almost a couple months now and she's sleeping through the night. I make my own food and use wholesomebabyfood.com for recipes. It's a great resource if you're looking for ideas, even if you don't make your own food. It talks about what's appropriate at different ages as well.
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 4:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My BF babies still nursed on demand at that age. It really wasn't what some would consider a "schedule" - they had naptimes, playtimes and a bath/bed routine- but when it came to nursing- I nursed them whenever they wanted. My DD nursed a lot at night so I co-slept with her (not a choice for everyone but one that worked for our family). If your baby is eating well and thriving- I wouldn't worry to much about a schedule.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 2:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• When my son was that age, he nursed on demand, and around 8 months started having small tasted of pureed veggies once in a while. Whatever your schedule is, remember to always nurse before solids.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I do nurse either before or after solids...i know that solids at this age are extras...I simply just want to know your schedule/routine and what do you feed your baby...trying to get new ideas. But I do wish she slept longer at night...without waking up so often. But you know, my boys did not slep all night until they were almost 1, and they were BF and formula the last 5 months before they turned 1...
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 3:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Starting at 7 months old my daughter got cereal and fruit for breakfast, a fruit and veggie at lunch, and cereal and a veggie at dinner. This was along with all her normal breast milk bottles throughout the day.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2008