So scared right now, now what?? Someone tried to break in my house in broad daylight today!

I am so tired right now, I feel like I am going to fall over. However, I am so afraid to go to sleep tonight, because around four o'clock someone tried to break in my house, through my kitchen window. Now this is the strange thing. I never, and I mean never sit at my kitchen table unless its to eat. I was on the phone with a friend, and I always sit in my room or living room when talking on the phone. No one is ever in the kitchen. So today, for what ever reason...thank GOD I was right at that table.As I was talking to her, I see a shadow of a man looking through my window. I turned around and it was like it all happened in slow motion, and I felt like I froze! He pulled down the top part of the window and went to step in till I screamed. He ran so fast off the porch. I hung up the phone and called the police. However, I couldnt give a description, because I could only see the outline of his body through blinds. Now its after midnight, I dont have a gun, I am a single mom with four kids, and I am scared to death. I have a knife, but what they heck is that going to do. Any suggestions, would make me feel better right now. The police arent much help in this city!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on May. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• there are alarm systems that you can get that are sound alarms... if the window or door it is on is open, it screams, also there are some that stick on the glass so that if it vibrates it screams too. I love the boots on the porch and ring idea. Also, maybe keep lights on in the house so people think someone is awake. maybe he thought you wouldnt be there? middle of the day on a monday, alot of people would be at work
    http://www.amazon.com/51107-Smart-Wireless-Alarm-System/dp/B00032AVN6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306224951&sr=8-1
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 4:16 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Get a big family dog if you can. German Shepards are great. Set some man boots on the front and back steps so it appears you're married. See if you can find a couple of security stickers like ADT to place in your windows. Keep a baseball bat next to your bed. Let your neighbors be aware of what has happened and start a neighborhood watch to try and catch him. I'm glad your okay and I'm sure he's scared off. Stay safe. Hope this helps give you ideas.
    tools4mom

Answer by tools4mom at 1:07 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Oh my god! I would be terrified too! Do you have any brothers, or uncles? Anyone who can stay with you? Maybe you should invest in a weapon. I know it's bad with kids in the house but at this point you have to be prepared, maybe also get an alarm system and a dog if you don't have one.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:38 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Is there someone you can ccall that would stay with you for the night? Did any of your neighbors see or hear anything?
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 12:41 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I would have a friend spend the night...Like a man... I would be scared too, but the guy that tried breaking in is probably smart enough NOT to do that again knowing you called the police.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 12:41 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I highly doubt the person will come back. Just make sure the house is locked up and try to rest. Stress and worry can take over! God protected you and your family! Just keep faith in him! Praying that you will feel better soon and get some rest!

praying

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 12:43 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I know from experience also!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 12:44 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Thank you guys. I am cant stop pacing, and I am sick to my stomach. I dont know what to do. I keep thinking, what will I do if they come back, why did they come in broad day light like that...knowing we were home. I am so scared for my kids! ahh..so many things are running through my head. If I wasnt in that kitchen, what would have happened...I keep thinking about it. I dont have anyone that can stay with us. All I have for a weapon is a knife, and that is scary because they could turn on you with that. But I told my older son that is thirteen, to use that hammer with all his force to help me and the little ones out. I told him, no matter what even if he has a gun, knife what ever. Its better to attack then be killed knowing you could have tried. OMG...I cant believe I am even saying the word killed.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:51 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Thats a good idea..thanks ;)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:19 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Great tips tools4mom!
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 2:48 AM on May. 24, 2011