Which outfit should I wear?

Hey, I asked this yesterday I believe, but the ceremony is tomorrow and I'm still not sure what to wear, so I figured I'd try to get some more advice.

I'm on a cruise ship and were going to be "crossing the line" (equator) tomorrow and for the ceremony I don't know what to wear. Basically it's where everyone who has never crossed the equator before has to make a "sacrifice" haha. The sacrifice in this case is you get messy with the "kitchen leftovers" poured all over you...basically you get covered in like a cake batter kind of mixture. You DO get super messy I hear :) And then after you're messy you get dunked in the pool.

So yeah... Idk what to wear. Traditionally you're supposed to get pretty dressed up for it, just because the ceremony is a big deal, everyone is watching, and you should look your best for it. I def want to dress up , because EVERYONE I've talked to is pretty much wearing their best outfits for this, and getting really dressed up.

Basically the options are (what I brought with me on the trip):
Really Dressed Up, Outfit 1: Gorgeous Emilio Pucci evening dress (blue), Jimmy Choo strappy heeled sandals
Really Dressed Up, Outfit 2: Red Jovani evening dress, Christian Louboutin tan strappy heels
Slightly-less Dressed Up, Outfit 3: White Albert Nipon skirt suit, Stuart Weitzman pumps

Pretty much that's all the options I have...I dont have anything "in-between." After those options, it's just a top/jeans pretty much. What do you think I should wear? It seems like everyone is getting all dressed up and wearing their best clothes. I know a girl I've gotten to know on the ship is wearing a gorgeous designer dress and Louboutin heels. So should i just go all out too so I don't look underdressed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Yes, go all out. You only live once!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:43 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Which outfit? 1 or 2 do you think would be better?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:44 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Wear your least expensive outfit, because something is bound to get ruined by the "kitchen leftovers" or the dunk in the pool! Have fun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Hey...all the outfits are pretty expensive, and unfortunately I don't have anything cheaper packed that is dressy enough to wear. Outfit #3, the suit, is the least expensive of the three, but I'm not sure it would be appropriate to wear, considering my friend / most girls will be wearing dresses. What do you think?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:49 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I am not entirely sure what any of those outfits are? I would be wearing f*cking sweats...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:19 AM on May. 24, 2011

• What are the fabric types? So you have an idea of what will be easier to wash and hopefully salvage. Please Please PLEASE Don't ruin your Choo's or Louboutin's!!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:44 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Hey Cassie....the fabric for the Emilio Pucci dress is called "viscose" or Rayon....for the Jovani dress, I'm not exactly sure at the moment, but here is a link: http://www.jovani.com/evening-dresses/71642-8856

I hear what you're saying about the shoes....but my options are pretty limited. I have the pair of Choos, Louboutins, and then Weitzman pumps. That's it for dressy shoes that I brought with me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:00 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Those clothes sound WAY to expensive and beautiful to ruin. Would you be able to replace them? If you can afford to replace them (and don't need to wear them again on the cruise) then go all out and wear the most fabulous I guess. But can you get it properly cleaned on the boat? If you let it sit till you get back to land the stains will set and you might not be able to get it cleaned. Is there another night were you might want to wear it, because it will be dirty.
    If it were me I would wear a short cocktail dress.
    I googled the Jovani dress..if I had that dress I would just look at it all day..haha..it is gorgeous. Just wear you suit and keep the beautiful dresses and shoe! They are pieces of art and you are going to dump GARBAGE and CHLORINE water on them. So sad :(
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:29 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Get something from the thrift shop ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:07 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I wouldn't be wearing my best clothes for that,but I would wear something you don't mind being ruined. I would probally wear #3
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 12:53 PM on May. 25, 2011