Does anyone have any tips on how to handle household chores and two babies?

My husband works hard and I like for him to come home to a homecooked meal and a clean house we have to baby's and I'm a stay at home mom and iv got taking care of the kids and the homecooked meal and dessert down but when our baby's got here I have been slacking in have a spotless house and need sum time management tips help plz

Littlemomma174

Asked by Littlemomma174 at 12:46 AM on May. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• If you can manage two kids already, a newborn will be a piece of cake! Invest in a couple carriers and wear your baby--it'll let you go about life as normal!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:48 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Do a little bit here and there through out the day... I make sure all dishes are done at night after dinner, then in the morning I keep everything up. Laundry in done in the am, and put away around 3 when we all go upstairs and the kids play in their rooms. Normally my ds is either coloring, playing cars, or with his books around dinner time and my dd likes to stand at the island while I'm cooking dinner.... IMO it's all about the little things
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:49 AM on May. 24, 2011

• :0) I am a mommy of 4 myself, including a set of soon to be 2 year old twins. I was alway pretty finicky about having household chores done a certain way and dinner on the table at a certain time. You have to realize that have two little ones is "life changing" seriously! Don't look at the whole picture and stress yourself out. Learn to break up your chores into sections. For me I feel it's an accomplishement if I can tackle a couple of bathrooms on monday, and get the carpet vacummed on Tuesday. I try to do at least 1 or 2 loads of laundry everyday so I don't have overflowing clothes hampers by the weekend. I've learned that if I keep my kitchen counters clean and clutter free and bathroom toilets clean it makes me feel like I have a decent clean home. If you have any other kids, make them help and reward them. Wait until kids bedtime to pick up toy mess, etc so you can wake up to a clean start. Hope that helps!
    tools4mom

Answer by tools4mom at 12:56 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Get a baby carrier. I'm not sure of the brands, but I've seen some for twins. I wear my son in an ergo and clean the whole house that way. He used to take a nap in it when he was little, now at 11 monhts I put him on my back in the ergo and he is happy as can be playing with my hair while I clean. :)
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 1:18 AM on May. 24, 2011

• all hese sound like great tips. I wear my baby too. I have an extremely active 3 year old and a newbie... so i def feel you on this. Most days I get so overwhelmed! It doesnt help when people who can pick up after themselves dont. Ask those in your house who can to clean up their messes and also make cleaning the rest a game... sing songs or do dances to help your LO's get interested! My son loves to pick up his toys and always sings the clean up song while he does it! sometimes, i put on a movie so i can cook dinner...just b/c i dont feel comfortable wearing the baby near a hot stove and I dont trust my 3 yr old not to try to pick the baby up and play with him while i am turned around. lol. It works most of the time...
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 4:01 AM on May. 24, 2011

• As for me, have a 8,5,4,1 and 5 month old, and I have them on a schedual.... I clean for 2 hours every morning ( I get up 45 mins befor anyone) and I keep up thru the day! I cant stand a messyhome! Ourbbies have always been great with a schedual and content to play on a play mat or in their playpen! I have always gotten it done, so I hope you figure it out!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:55 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Wake up before they do like a couple hours before and clean then go back to bed till they wake up when they wake up take care of them and maybe tossin some laundry..When they are down for a afternoon nap do all the prep work for dinner and maybe even get it started.. and clean as you go so there's not so much to do after dinner..I would take a shower during morning nap
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 9:40 AM on May. 24, 2011