My sister has UMM genital warts heres my question . if she has them in her throat can she give them to my lilttle boy when she kissses him on the cheek ? and also she gave him somethin to drink n she said she took a drink of it but she said the bottle didnt touch her lips i wanna believe her but for some reason i dont ive asked her not to kiss him but she dosent listen i dont know what else to do ..all answers will b helpful

i think im over reacting but this is my lil boy im talkin about it really worries me is it really possible for her to give him genital warts????

ethansmommy909

Asked by ethansmommy909 at 1:06 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Health

• I don't think they are that contagious, but I'd be paranoid too. Tell her NO KISSING at all even on the cheek, and no drinking from his cup! (Geez, why would she even do that!!??)
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 1:10 AM on May. 24, 2011

• bump but i dont think its a good idea for her to b kissin on him n drinking out of his cup
    aleyjahsmom2010

Answer by aleyjahsmom2010 at 1:13 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I'm not sure so I don't want to assume, but if it was me I wouldn't want her to share drinks or foods with my kids and I guess the kisses are fine.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 1:13 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Btw, you should take him to see his pediatrician just to be on the safe side.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 1:14 AM on May. 24, 2011

• http://www.safe.wmids.nhs.uk/stay1b.asp

How are genital warts passed on?
    Genital warts can be passed from one person to another during sex, and by skin-to-skin contact with someone who has the wart virus. Once you have the virus, it can remain in the body and be passed on before warts are noticeable, or after they've disappeared.
    Warts can be external or internal. In women, warts can be found on or in the vagina, vulva (the lips around the opening to the vagina), cervix (entrance to the womb) and anus (the opening to the back passage). In men, warts can be found on or around the penis, scrotum and urethra (tube where urine comes out) and on or inside the anus.
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 1:41 AM on May. 24, 2011

• The virus can spread if you have vaginal or anal sex, or share sex toys. Sometimes the virus can be passed on just by close intimate contact. It is possible, but unusual, to develop warts in the mouth or on the lips from oral sex. Warts can spread to the area around the anus without having anal sex.

In rare cases, it is possible for a pregnant woman to pass the virus to her baby at birth.

You cannot get genital warts from kissing, hugging, sharing baths or towels, from swimming pools, toilet seats or from sharing cups, plates or cutlery.
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

• ask her too go for treatment,if she is on it fine. Take your baby for a regular cheek-up.
    triplejoy12

Answer by triplejoy12 at 6:52 AM on May. 26, 2011

• yes it is possible she can give him to him not with kissing on the cheek but the drinking thing and kissing on the mouth. explain to her that this is your child an your just trying to protect him. i know this counds wrong but if she wont listen tell her she can't see him nuntil she understands because that is not right to put an innocent kid at rkisk good luck and i hope your not mad for my respond
    aliciareichle

Answer by aliciareichle at 3:57 PM on May. 26, 2011

• this goes to aliciareichle..no im not mad at all if anything i agree .. and i told her u know how would u like it if it was ur kid and someone was doin this ..n she said she wouldnt like it either ..but she still continues to hang all over him n kiss him i told her to stay away till she gets the hint i feel bad cause i hurt her feelings but at the same time this is my baby were talkin about she should no better ...thanks for u posts all of u they were all very helpful .
    ethansmommy909

Comment by ethansmommy909 (original poster) at 8:31 AM on May. 29, 2011