What do u think?? (no bashing)

So im a single mother of 1 right now and i just recently found out im 4 months pregnant. Right now i know im not financially stable to have another baby. Im already trying to make it day by day with just one. Im thinking about going the adoption route. I know its not easy but i know it would benifit the child to be in a home that could support it finacially. Is it wrong that i want to do the adoption??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Adoption

• No its not wrong to do adoption. if you feel its right for you and you think the baby would be better off then go ahead with it!
    brookenbrodyn

Answer by brookenbrodyn at 1:49 AM on May. 24, 2011

• It's not wrong at all. Would open adoption be an option for you?
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 1:50 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Thinking and doing what is in the best interest of a child is never wrong. Giving a child up is the hardest thing you will ever do. I fit is treully for the babys best interest there is nothing wrong with that. Don't let others change your mind. Follow your heart.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:50 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I would love open adoption...i would love to keep the baby but i just cant do it!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:51 AM on May. 24, 2011

• i couldnt but if you feel thats what is best for your baby then do what you think is best
    Sarah1720

Answer by Sarah1720 at 1:52 AM on May. 24, 2011

• well, start looking into open adoption. I know its hard for gay couples to adopt babies. If you have no problems with gays being parents then I say go to them first :)
    brookenbrodyn

Answer by brookenbrodyn at 1:53 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Adoption is neither right all the time or wrong all the time. You say that you know it isn't easy, but, do you really? Most of us moms who relinquished our babies thought we knew how it would be, but, were sadly mistaken. It is way harder for most moms than you can ever imagine.

There are many resources available to help moms who need financial help. I urge you to proceed slowly, educate yourself about the consequences of adoption for mothers, their children and families. As far as benefitting your child, adoption is a gamble, there are no guarantees. Some children benefit from adoption, others do not and are harmed gravely. Being financially able to parent does not insure that someone will parent well.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 1:55 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I think its something i might consider. Im having a really hard time with this pregnancy and it caught me by total suprise that i was pregnant. And some people think im just considering adoption just so i dont have to keep it. But thats not the case at all. I want my baby to have a happy life and i know its something that i cant offer at this point in my life. Is it bad that now that im already 4 months pregnant that im considering adoption??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:56 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I think it's one of the most unselfish things you could do for a child you know that you can not financially support. It's better then abortion! They have open adoption where you can still be a part of your child's life (if you would like to). It's going to be hard; I personally could not imagine giving up my child; but i think it's the best decision you can make if you can not afford to raise the baby yourself. Best of luck to you!
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 1:57 AM on May. 24, 2011

• No its not bad that you are considering adoption. honestly, i think its something that you need to work out with YOURSELF and leave others that are not supportive out of it. If you feel like you can give the baby up, & that thats what you need to do, then i say go for it..but if you are having doubts then you shouldn't do it until you are SURE what you want. I've seen MANY adoptive parents get excited when the baby finally comes and once s/he does, the birth mother decides they want to keep the baby and it tears the adoptive couple up. if you want to talk, feel free to message me :) im always here to listen and give advice...never bash or tell you what you need or should do
    brookenbrodyn

Answer by brookenbrodyn at 1:59 AM on May. 24, 2011