Why cant i just get it threw???

My husband is a wonderful man and father but he is just plain out rude and hateful sometimes! I know all men have there days like us but i really think he needs to take a step back and think about what i am goin throu. :( I want to just tell him how i feel and what i am thinking but i know for sure he will get hurt. Can anyone help me with how i can go about this nicer...?

vannaburrola

Asked by vannaburrola at 2:50 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Let him know that sometimes he's got some good points but sometimes he comes off the wrong way. I think some behavioral conditioning would be helpful here. Praise him when he talks in the desired way and gently let him know when he's too blunt. There must also be a deeper reason as to why he acts this way and try to find out what it is. Is it stress from work? how he was raised? did he never get praise/affection as a child? It also helps to surround him with affection. Eventually this exposure to affection will rub off on him. Use a bit of humor and also tap into his romantic side. The more lighthearted you train him to be, the softer he will act. It will take time but don't give up. Also, sometimes it helps to ask him for advice on a hypothetical problem that really reflects his own problem. "Someone I know is a basically good person but doesn't always come across that way. What would you do to let them know?" *hint, hint*
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 4:21 AM on May. 24, 2011

• write him a letter and make sure he'll read it when he'll be alone from you for awhile so he can process it. don't blame him, but tell him nicely not to take his emotions out on you.
    sherlokke

Answer by sherlokke at 3:01 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Communication is key to a good relationship. If you really feel like you can't talk to him then writing it out would be the next best thing. You can also talk to him with a friend or outside person there as a mediator.
    Be sure you let him know that you care about his feelings and you want the same respect for your feelings.
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 3:06 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I understand COMPLETELY and am looking forward to these answers!! Good luck mama!!!!!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:27 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Ty Ty Ty so much ladies! These are very helpful answers!!!! :)
    vannaburrola

Comment by vannaburrola (original poster) at 12:22 PM on May. 24, 2011