Blegh.. When did I become the "fat friend"?

I have never lost the "baby weight" I cant even call it that because my baby is 4. My reality check came when I was in a photo with a friend whom I thought was the same size as me. Wow was I shocked to see I was the fat one.

What was your reality check?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Pictures don't lie...So why does the mirror. I see myself everyday I know I am heavy but I think "I am fluffy and fabulous" then I see a photo and I say "ugh, when is the next auditions for the Biggest Loser".
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 9:25 AM on May. 24, 2011

• my best friend has always been the more overweight one, just from her genetics
    my reality check was when i realized how much i loved her and how it didnt matter
    she also graduated before me, got a career before me and all that which proves that im nothing special just for being small!
    you know what you have to do to get to your goal and in all of that your good character will show :)
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:07 PM on May. 25, 2011

• when i had to move up a size in the scrubs at work - now i'm on low carb. lost 4 lbs already. I literally got stuck in the pants in the bathroom - i'm an epic fail
    nurse_maya

Answer by nurse_maya at 4:12 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I think I would still rather be the fat friend than the bad friend. I gained almost 60 lbs. on prednisone, but it saved my life! And even if I had skinny thighs right now, without that med, I would be dead!

I'm really struggling to get the weight off, but my labs are good, my cholesterol and BP are good, and I feel better now than I did 2 years ago when I was so sick. So, for me, I refuse to let a number on a scale, or the way I look, ruin one single day I have on this planet with the people I love!

You can be my fat friend any day! Here, stand beside me, you'll probably look great!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 10:24 AM on May. 24, 2011

• It was a picture at the lake....in 2009!! Double ICK!!!!
    VeggieRunnerMom

Answer by VeggieRunnerMom at 10:46 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I was already horrified seeing photos of myself, but then I went skiing with my brother (a MUCH anticipated trip we were both really excited about), and I could barely get through 3 runs without feeling like I was going to vomit. I spent the rest of the day walking around the resort and in the lodge. It was SO frustrating. It pissed me off, frankly. Then I had a blood pressure check around the same time that was 138/88, at age 29! With a strong family history of heart disease, I knew I had to do something NOW. It's been a little over a year, and I'm over 60 lbs down now, training for my first half-marathon! I'm still about 50 lbs above my goal, but I'm getting there, and I'm being healthy about it! Still waiting to go skiing and have another BP check.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:13 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Tell me about it! This weight just sneaks up on you ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:41 PM on May. 24, 2011