Should we give it to her?

My SD5 brought home a plant from school that was supposed to be for her mom for mother's day but she gave it to me. We've been taking care of it together since she brought it home. During her field day last week, her teacher asked if her mom got the plant. She said no because she was at her daddy's. Then she told DH that she needed to get that. He told her no it probably wasn't happening. When SD came home this week she told DH that she needed to give it to her mom or her mom was going to steal it out of the window. For one, that's nice to tell your 5 year old lol. I honestly don't care about giving it back. It was intended for her eventhough she gave it to me. If roles were reversed I would probably be mad too. I do hate that her mom will probably let it die, and I would be furious if she came home saying her plant died. She's so excited about it.

jncstepmomof3

Asked by jncstepmomof3 at 4:37 AM on May. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• Well its obvious that everyone wants her to have it ( well except dh lol) so just be the bigger person and give it up. Maybe ask sd every now and then if they been taking care of it. Good luck (:
    youngmoma07

Answer by youngmoma07 at 5:36 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Interesting ... Hard to say, but "youngmoma07" has a good point. I wish you luck, too. :-)
    sarah18020

Answer by sarah18020 at 5:41 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Let that one go and then help her to plant something else at your place.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:13 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Yes, give it to her.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:00 AM on May. 24, 2011

• give it to her and the next time your SD is visiting have a little SM SD trip to walmart pick up another plant and get a bunch of cheap supplies (gloves, apron, tools, watering can, etc) and she wont even think about the 1st one and if it does die at her moms so what. You cant control whats out of your hands. p;us you'll score mommy brownie points take care
    timbrikaylamom

Answer by timbrikaylamom at 11:20 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I would give it to her, and make a point to ask SD about her plant and how it is doing when I see her. I also like the other suggestion that you and SD go to the store and pick out your own plant(s) to take care of at your house. Maybe plant an outside flower garden?
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:40 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Well my 6 year old ss made a flower pot for mothers day at school and gave it to me. I accepted it he put alot of effort into it....his bio mom called him thursday before mothers day and (how getto is this) asked him if he made her anything in school for mothers day he just said yep when she came to pick him up she said at the door well? wheres my gift? he said oh ill color some thing for you at your house i made a pretty flower pot for my step mom cause shes the best. Now im sorry he expressed his feelings so honestly but when she came back to drop him off me being a decent person i did go and get her something from him and had him write in a card and give it to her before she left i dont like her at all but it was only right.
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 1:16 PM on May. 25, 2011