Any one else have no desire to be in a relationship or be intimate? adult content

I am happy not being in a relationship & my sex drive is zero. i had sex a few times this year & made each guy stop during cause i wasn't into it. other than that i had not had sex since i got pregnant w my youngest in Feb 09 & that was w my ex h. ever since i got married to my ex h i haven't wanted to be with anyone and the last year of our marriage i had no sexual desire for him either. i am only 27 so don't think it's my age. anyone else ever felt this way? i am even content being a single mom. must i add my ex husband was abusive in every way, only thing is he's never raped me but everything else he's done it.

mrsary

Asked by mrsary at 5:46 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• There is nothing wrong with you, just because you dont want a man! Our value as women is not dependant on a relationship with a man! You dont need a man to feel good about yourself and I applaud you for understanding that. You go girl! My exhusband was abusive also. I went years without getting serious about a man. Instead I focused on my career and education. I found those things 10x more satisfying than any relationship. As for the lack of sex drive.... If you dont feel totally compelled to be with a man.. ie. dripping with excitement, than why would you even make out with him or get in bed? Its OK not to. It doesnt mean there's somthing wrong with you.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 2:38 PM on May. 24, 2011

• meee! im so turned off by the idea of being in a relationship or being with a man in any way... as far as im concerned right now, i dont care if i ever have sex again or if i ever even wanna be in a relationship.... being single is sooo much better ! ....oh and no abuse here, sorry u had to deal with someone like that :(
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 6:56 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Right now I'm a man hater.... men suck lol I'm just worried about me and my son... It feels good to not have all the relationship drama
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:04 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Could it be depression? Have you had counseling?
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:17 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Me---but I think it is my age (over 65) and the fact that my EX was abusive and I am too scared to take a chance on a new guy. I think I have bad taste in men. LOL. I am happy by myself.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:26 AM on May. 24, 2011

• wow that makes me feel more normal than i thought!! lol. i know there are a lot of good men out there but i don't want the extra head ache and to put in all that hard work. maybe later...
    mrsary

Comment by mrsary (original poster) at 7:46 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Ms. Gwen that's exactly what I am doing. Working on a degree & trying to progress in my career!
    mrsary

Comment by mrsary (original poster) at 4:52 AM on May. 25, 2011