Dont know what to do? adult content

Ive been with my boyfriend for a year and 6 months. He never used to see his friend but i have just found out im 5 weeks pregnant and now he is always out with his friends. I know he need to see his friends but everyday is just taking the piss. He isnt even trying to get a house im doing all the work. All he seems to be botherd about is smoking weed with his mates. He said he would quit as soon as he finds out hes going to be a dad but he isnt even trying. When im alone he is so perfect. If it was any other man i would leave but i love him so much and he is the father to my child.

hodge92

Asked by hodge92 at 6:02 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• That's tough. You can't change someone else's behavior. Either accept the relationship he's willing to offer (which doesn't sound like a good deal to me) or move on. It's a harsh reality, but reality nonetheless.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:09 AM on May. 24, 2011

• it sounds like he's a little shocked that he is going to be a dad, Kinda like a midlife crisis type thing. Let him know how you feel
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:25 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Best thing you can do is take care of yourself and the baby.
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 7:52 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Unfortunately, this is pretty typical of the guys who don't take relationships seriously. It is equally unfortunate that women don't see them for who they really are until there's a child involved. As someone has already said, you either accept him as he is or you separate yourself from the only dad your child will ever have, and neither choice is really a good one. We do not have the power to change other people, and the only way he will ever change is if he chooses to do so.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:53 AM on May. 24, 2011

• u knw my husband came to b that way after he found out i was prago an like that one post said kind of like a midlife crisis. finaly when my son turned 3 months i but my foot down an packed mine an my son stuff an layed everything on the table an told him it was time to man up u choose ur family or the bs cause im dne with it.....boy there was a big turn around now my son is 3 an i have a daughter that will b two n aug an he has grown so much as a husband an a father. good luck not all men r the same
    kelleyplus2

Answer by kelleyplus2 at 10:21 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Sounds like he's trying to fit n his "single time" before the baby comes? Lay down the law now or it'll just get worse.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:16 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Cut the weed out of his life and I'm sure his appeal to his friends will diminish. He doesn't need to be doing that when your child is born.
    abrown2590

Answer by abrown2590 at 11:29 AM on May. 24, 2011

• You should leave. This man is using you and it will only get worse.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 2:16 PM on May. 24, 2011