Why are some women afraid of their husbands/boyfriends?

when in a verbal fight or disagreement why can't some women just say what is on their minds instead of not saying anything at all?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 7:07 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Afraid of pissing them off and then being alone? Afraid of physical confrontation?

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:15 AM on May. 24, 2011

• IMO they are worried about upsetting them too much and that they will leave and be lonely. My grandmother is like this, and tried to get me to be like this to my df LOL
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:19 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I know with my ex he would degrade me then hit me so it was better to bite my tongue... luckily I got out of it and learned how to be a strong woman again. You never know what their home life is like, honestly I feel sorry for women like that and I can sympathize... I've been there and it is horrible.

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:20 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Well I never had a husband but i've had boyfriends and if a woman's hubbie is anything like they were I can imagin her being afraid - but personally I'd get out.
    I know I know it's easy to say that I just hope I'm never in that situation & i truly hope women who r get out & get help.
    Being alone may be annoying sumtimes but it's better than bein in a relationship where u r afraid of yr partner
    stace101

Answer by stace101 at 7:31 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Sabrenaleigh, i'm sorry, but if I'm with a man and I have to walk on eggshells just so he won't be pissed, "I'M OUT"! That is abuse too by the way.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 7:48 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Good for you june mama. No woman should stay with a man who verbally or physically assault them...period.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 7:49 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Smart woman don't need to rise their voice or speak their mind. Smart women understand the men are different from women and have different needs. Women nag a lot. This is what turn men off. A smart women knows when she should be quiet and when to speak her mind. Smart women don't yell. And most importantly smart women are good cooks. LOL..... Quote from anonymous

No smart women find a man that respects them.

pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:09 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I am a very outspoken person in most circumstances and My DH is a loving and caring man and would never hurt me. That said, when we argue sometimes he raises his voice to a level that causes flashbacks of previous abuse for me and I shut down. You never know why people react the way they do, it could be the result of experiences that occurred before they even had a voice to defend themselves.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 7:42 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I am not afraid of my hubby but I don't always say what I need to. When I was growing up I argued with my father constantly and he never listened to me or let me fully say my piece. He would shut me down or twist what I was saying into something completely unrecognizable. Or he would ask me why I did something and when I gave him explanations he would say to stop coming up wth excuses...
    So when I argue with my hubby it's easy to forget that it will be a fair fight. He actually wishes I would say more, so he can understand where I'm coming from. It's something I'm working on and getting better at. But it was never because I was afraid of him, just old habits
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 7:55 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Thanks ambr... it was so hard but I feel so alive now! It was the best thing I've ever done for myself!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:03 AM on May. 24, 2011