Do your children enjoy reading?

Do you sit & listen to them read out loud, Do you read to them ?
What is their favorite book?

Mrs_Harsh

Asked by Mrs_Harsh at 7:16 AM on May. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• They sure do.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 7:54 AM on May. 24, 2011

• My kids do like reading. My younger DD (10) is reading the wimpy kid books again. MY DS (12) likes the Warrior books by Erin Hunter, my older DD (12) likes the Ramona books. I still read to my DS every night because he likes it, we're reading one of the Narnia books together.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:24 AM on May. 24, 2011

• My girls are teenagers and love to read, especially my oldest.  On March break she had to read up to chapter 25 in her novel for sci-fi literature.  She finished the book (44 chapters) and loved it so much she went out and bought the next two sequels and finished both of those before she returned to class.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:36 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Both of my girls love to read. We visit our local library at least three times a week.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 7:37 AM on May. 24, 2011

• My oldest LOVES reading and is always asking to go to the library; my youngest loves Thomas the Train; Franklin and Spongebob(GOD HELPS US!!!) books You can't get my youngest DS's nose out of a book. lol and my older DS has been reading since he was 4, he LOVES it. Right now my oldest is into Geronimo Stilton and Diary of a Wimpy Kid books and reads at least 2 if not 3 a week at a time. He reads independently most of the time. He does read to his little brother at night. We do both read aloud and read to them along with them reading by themselves
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:46 AM on May. 24, 2011

• My youngest loves reading, so much so that her nose is constantly in a book! We have to physically remove them from her when it's dinner time, bath time, bed time, etc.

She's in 5th grade now but is reading at a high school level; has always been advanced in reading. It's tricky because many of the books for the level of reading are not necessarily subject appropriate for a girl her age but we always manage to find something for her.

It's somewhat ironic that I rarely read to her as a baby/toddler and she is a reading nut yet I read all the time to my oldest and he is not a reader by any means.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on May. 24, 2011

• My oldest (she is almost 12) loves to read ,they just finished up testing at her middle school and they are taking them on a field trip to boarders ,each kid gets a certain amount of money to spend to buy books and believe it or not she is so excited, she loves to read , I hardly get to read to my younger kids cause she begs to read to them, but I have been reading to her since before she was born. it is a nightly thing to read a book as a family before bed, my girls enjoy it so much.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:29 AM on May. 24, 2011

• My kid LOVES to read. She is 8 and has finished all the Wimpy Kid books, the first four Harry Potter books, Chronicles of Narnia, most of the American Girl books, all the Ramona and Ralph S Mouse books, a lot of the Baby Sitters club books, Series of Unfortunate Events, a bunch of non series books, classics such as Robin Hood, Robinson Crusoe, Treasure Island, and I don't even know what else. How to Train Your Dragon, 39 Clues, Eragon.... I need to take her to the store to use her gift cards and get new books.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 8:36 AM on May. 24, 2011

• You can't get my DD's nose out of a book. lol and my older DS has been reading since he was 4, he LOVES it.
    Jenniy

Answer by Jenniy at 7:43 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Anon i hear that, my oldest hates reading and i read to him all the time. My middle son i hardly read to and he always has his nose in a book! :)
    Mrs_Harsh

Comment by Mrs_Harsh (original poster) at 7:56 AM on May. 24, 2011