What do you think if I am 39 and trying to have another baby?

I have an 18 year old daughter and a 17 month old daughter and I think we would like to have one more so they are closer in age,especially since we are older. They will all have each other if something happens to us. What are your opinions?

momat38

Asked by momat38 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in General Parenting

• I think if you feel strongly about it then do it. I had two little ones later in life at 35 and 38. It's hard because they are 21 mths apart but I think that age split would be hard on anyone. GOOD LUCK!!!
    jillybean6680

Answer by jillybean6680 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I am going to be 38 and I so want another baby. I say go for it!!
    Lisasmisha

Answer by Lisasmisha at 3:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Go for it... if you can support another baby & you WANT one, do it! Best wishes!!!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• i think its fine. if you know the risks (older u r the more chance of birth defects and labor complications) and feel like you are ready then go for it!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 3:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• How does your 18 year old feel, It seems pretty traumatic to be the only child for all those years and then all of a sudden have to share attention. I say go for it if everyone's cool with it & just don't shove any motherly duties to your 18 year old, or expect her to be a free babysitter.
    kgsharber

Answer by kgsharber at 3:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• i say go for it......
    nysfynest87

Answer by nysfynest87 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• If you want another, why not? I was 39 when my DD arrived.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• go for it ~ i have a son thats 26 another son that's 17 & a dd that just turned 8, the age difference is awful they don't get along ~ for some reason the boys think she's spoiled ~ :)
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I say go for it if you are ready. You are not to old, if that is your worry. Best of luck!
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 5:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My mom had three children before me and i was a....suprise atfer 9 years. My mom always said she wished she would have had ONE more after me so that i would have had someone to grow up with ..i agree i always felt like the only child and my siblings had tons of storys that never included me beacuse i was so much younger i say DO IT DO IT DO IT
    aflmunday

Answer by aflmunday at 5:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2008