get this does this make you mad it does me

DETROIT (Reuters) – General Motors Corp on Monday unveiled an unusually frank advertisement acknowledging it had "disappointed" and sometimes even "betrayed" American consumers as it lobbies to clinch the federal aid it needs to stay afloat into next month.

down more

"While we're still the U.S. sales leader, we acknowledge we have disappointed you," the ad said. "At times we violated your trust by letting our quality fall below industry standards and our designs became lackluster."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081208/us_nm/us_gm_ad

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I say its about fuckin' time they admit it! I knew that they have been lacking in quality for a long time now! I heard alot of stories from friends and family about issues with thier cars and never thought too much about it till I purchased my own "problem"!. We purchased a 2008 Chevy HHR in January 2008 and it was the worst purchase ever! The paint wore off of it within 5 months, the weather stripping around all the windows wore and needed to be replaced twice! The chevy emblem in the back has been replaced twice. We have had in in the shop about 8 weeks total since we bought it not even a year ago. We even had to file a BBB report because the company and the dealership wouldn't even work with us. The dealership called my husband a Liar and told him to "get out of thier dealership".
    What a disappointment!! Never again will I purchase from them!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• No it doesnt make me angry. I still dont believe they should be bailed out LOL. Im more angry at the fact they cant run their business properly and are asking for a handout when most companies would just be allowed to go under. I dont find them any different then any other business, ad or not. Next time I buy a vehicle (next yr) Im going for an import.

Answer by gemgem at 1:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• No, it doesn't. No one forces anyone to buy a GM vehicle. I have a Chevy Cavalier, and I chose it for myself. It was what I wanted. I don't think that statement means that their quality isn't good enough, it just hasn't been the standard. Consumers have no one to blame but themselves if they fail to research major purchases.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I'm not mad at the ad... but I'm mad that they're getting millions of dollars to "stay afloat". How are they going to remain "afloat", when none of us can afford new cars right now? It doesn't make any sense!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• If they were doing something to change the way the operate (besides asking government for money) and had no plans on asking for more, I would see it as them trying to own their mistakes. But the fact that they will be back in Jan. asking for more money just makes the comment ring hollow and insincere. JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Makes me glad I bought a Toyota. The last American car I had was a piece of crap. I wouldn't be at all bothered if GM went under. No one is going to bail out my business if I screw it up, why should we bail out theirs? Maybe Toyota will buy their factories and put more quality cars on the road.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2008