Homesick

Anyone else homesick?
I grew up a Military Brat, born in Wiesbaden, Germany--lived growing up mostly in and around Sembach, Munchwieler, K town and Gollheim. I finished off school in the States, but I really miss home a lot and don't have any one here that speaks German, or can relate. . .
How do you cope? How far from home are you?

*putting it here cause I don't know where else to put it*

Kirs

Asked by Kirs at 7:51 AM on May. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Hugs!! What part of WI are you from? I am stateline WI/IL. I have never been to Germany (although it is a dream of mine to go there) so I don't have any personal stories to tell or share about Germany, but if you ever need someone to talk to I'd love to hear about Germany. I know a little German- took it for 6 years in school.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:26 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I am a Texas girl..living in Oregon. I am a military wife and have lived all over. We are about to move to Wyoming. I have never gotten over leaving "home." I have just learned to bloom where I am planted. We will be retiring to Texas...that helps! When I get really homesick..I cook...favorite southern foods from my childhood.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:44 AM on May. 24, 2011

• to answer my own question. . . I don't really cope. . . I have a few people I have stayed in contact with since leaving Germany, but we are all in different states and countries. I currently live in Wisconsin, so I am a ways from home and a whole different time zone. . . :(
    Kirs

Comment by Kirs (original poster) at 7:53 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I live in Virginia, but once moved to DC, and I was very homesick. I eventually got over it because I taught school and made tons of friends, but I later moved back home to Virginia. My advice to you is give it some time. Are you on any social sites like twitter or FaceBook? Good way to meet people in your area. Good luck!
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 7:54 AM on May. 24, 2011

• @ MizLee I am in Green Bay currently. And thanks, send me a friend request if you like. . . it would be very nice to talk to you. :) Vielen Dank
    Kirs

Comment by Kirs (original poster) at 8:32 AM on May. 24, 2011

• I'm a Tennessee girl who lives in Washington for now. I'm also a military wife. I hate it where I live. I normally stay where we live when DH is deployed, but this time, I decided to come home to TN for a month. Normally, the only way that I can cope is by going to playgroups and things like that.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 9:43 PM on May. 24, 2011

• yes, my Dh was Navy, he is DAV now so we are more settled but we are still so far from my home. I do talk to people here and have some friends but it doesn't make me any less homesick. It is just not home. I get along well enough. but you know how it is. . . thank you ladies for your responses so far.
    Kirs

Comment by Kirs (original poster) at 9:47 PM on May. 24, 2011