Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


What is the term for "bad acne" that is needs to be checked out for more internal problems going on? I know there is a term and would like to look it up on the internet to get more info.

Answer Question

Asked by cat4458 at 1:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

Level 14 (1,671 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Acne vulgaris is the medical term. But it is most commonly known as Acne.


    Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

  • i have to go look back in my aesthetics books cause it's on the tip of my tongue. although i was just getting ready to get off. try pustules although i don't think that is correct that is another form of acne though. that might be right.

    Answer by melody77 at 5:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

  • Cystic acne?

    Answer by feesharose at 8:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

  • Cystic acne? Or Severe Nodular Acne?
    Can be treated with antibiotics, only. and if they don't work then you need get on a ance med, very bad side effects and scary shit! aka Isotretinoin as in Accutane, Amnesteem,Claravis,Sortret

    Answer by MikkiB at 3:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.